Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have luck ordering the aero crossbars? When I preordered back in April it wasnt available to add to the build at that time. My dealer is telling me these aren't available yet as of this week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone have luck ordering the aero crossbars? When I preordered back in April it wasnt available to add to the build at that time. My dealer is telling me these aren't available yet as of this week.
My dealer was able to add it to my factory order on June 20. Maybe ask them to double check again?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just added them to my order.

·
Registered
35 Posts
aero bars dimensions

Does anyone know the dimensions of the factory aero bars? We're supposedly getting our ascent the following week with the bars, and am wondering about whether our current stuff we've had on a square bar will fit the new aero bars. I am especially curious about the width of the bars (it looks like our cargo carrier can handle maybe 2.5 or 3 inches max--we use it with a square bar now on our forester), and also how long they are from the rail to rail.

·
Registered
965 Posts
They are.

But - if you're in SNE / SDC territory, they may have to order THEIR parts from THEIR warehouse / distribution center.

My parts department ordered some before the first car got here, simply because we couldn't order them when we were first building the car. Now we can add them to the builds, and there's plenty in stock around the rest of the country. And they're a PITA to put on. I had to get my 30mm hex head socket to break it loose to untighten, I couldn't use the regular screwdriver handle 30mm that I do for the Forester / Crosstrek. Then you have to loosen them a LOT, because they have a lip to completely surround the bar. (Which does mean that once they're on, they're going to STAY on, but also means you need to be careful because it's SO loose the plastic lip will probably touch the roof.) The Allen wrench they supply with it has an arrow on it for tightening, so you 'torque' it to 8 Newton Meters.

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
They are.

But - if you're in SNE / SDC territory, they may have to order THEIR parts from THEIR warehouse / distribution center.
SDC here. Mine arrived with my car, on Friday. I couldn't get the Extended though. :sad:

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts