Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have advice or tips for mounting a cell phone in the Subaru Ascent?
I had mine mounted by vent clip but the phone would get hot while running heater. Since then the clip broke and shopping for a new way to mount phone.
The dash is textured and don’t want to obstruct the safety eyes. I don’t want to store the phone in the cup holder or cubby below the radio.
Any advice and tips welcome.
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Anyone have advice or tips for mounting a cell phone in the Subaru Ascent?
I had mine mounted by vent clip but the phone would get hot while running heater. Since then the clip broke and shopping for a new way to mount phone.
The dash is textured and don’t want to obstruct the safety eyes. I don’t want to store the phone in the cup holder or cubby below the radio.
Any advice and tips welcome.
Thanks in advance.
I use a mounting post by ProClips, and one of their slide in mounts. I screwed it into the panel below the shifter.

This isn't the best shot, but you can see it in action in this video (and you can also see why I put it there):

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Mine is similar to Roberts...the vehicle mount is identical, but I used a different phone mount because I need to accommodate three different size phones with three drivers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a mounting post by ProClips, and one of their slide in mounts. I screwed it into the panel below the shifter.

This isn't the best shot, but you can see it in action in this video (and you can also see why I put it there):
That’s a really great idea! Where did you get your mount?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is similar to Roberts...the vehicle mount is identical, but I used a different phone mount because I need to accommodate three different size phones with three drivers.

Your mount looks like it may be adjustable, can you raise it? Where did you find yours?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The vehicle mount Robert links to is exactly the same one I have...I bought be because of Robert's success. It's not adjustable height but there are multiple lengths available. If I recall, this is the ~6" version and it's located in the "Business" mounts section of the web site Robert links to. His phone mount is in the "consumer" side. Mine is from Amazon.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have several different phone holders. I’ve always disliked the vent holders since I like my A/C actually blowing on me. And cd mount blocks your screen. The dash mounts are all to far to reach conveniently. The ones that I do like that I have are the cup holder mount and the rear view mirror mount. I’m trying both to see which one I like better. Both have pros and cons so I’m having a hard time deciding. If anybody wants I can post pictures later

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up a couple clips on Amazon which work well for me. I turned off this vent so not to blast heat in the winter. The left vent is enough. I can lower or raise the phone in the clip. Don't have to take eyes off road vs cup holders or lower mounts.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts