Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Advice needed - brand new Ascent Touring - interior panel scratched by sales guy

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Scoobydoo 
#1 ·
Hey all - need your advice.

Just picked up a new Ascent Touring today and during the inspection, next to the shift stick was some protective plastic that was not fully removed. I pointed it out to the sales guy and he tried to remove it by hand, and said that he would have it taken care off. Fast forward 2 hours later and during the final hand off we hoop into the car to have him show me some more features... and I notice again the plastic is still there! 😩

I point this out to him and he calls someone that looks like an intern to look at it. They get a pair of pliers and that is when the sales guy scratches the faux wood panel and side silver (see pictures below). They are not successful removing the plastic either !

I pointed this out to the sales guy, and asked him if he could take care of it. I get a "yea probably" answer. 😳

I don't 100% trust this sales guy can resolve this for me. When handing over 50K for a car, am I in the right to expect this sort of armature hour stuff doesn't happen? It just kills me that a new car is handed over like this, with a scratch.

I am planning on calling the manager on Monday, explain the situation and request they replace the panels if they can't make it look like new. Am I out of line here? Your advice please!

Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

Note I just paid them 50k for this car.

See less See more
#4 ·

Just picked up a new Ascent Touring today and during the inspection, next to the shift stick was some protective plastic that was not fully removed. I pointed it out to the sales guy and he tried to remove it by hand, and said that he would have it taken care off. Fast forward 2 hours later and during the final hand off we hoop into the car to have him show me some more features... and I notice again the plastic is still there! 😩

I point this out to him and he calls someone that looks like an intern to look at it. They get a pair of pliers and that is when the sales guy scratches the faux wood panel and side silver (see pictures below). They are not successful removing the plastic either !

I pointed this out to the sales guy, and asked him if he could take care of it. I get a "yea probably" answer. 😳

I don't 100% trust this sales guy can resolve this for me. When handing over 50K for a car, am I in the right to expect this sort of armature hour stuff doesn't happen? It just kills me that a new car is handed over like this, with a scratch.

I am planning on calling the manager on Monday, explain the situation and request they replace the panels if they can't make it look like new. Am I out of line here? Your advice please!

View attachment 15175

View attachment 15176
No, you are not out of line. I would have had them put in writingthat they will replace panel. It should be okay assuming you took your time stamped photo in case the manager is a moron.

#5 ·
The sad thing here is that it could have easily been removed with a blade and no visible marking. Press your point with the sales manager. If you don't get satisfaction, hit up the general manager.

#9 ·

View attachment 15175

View attachment 15176
Disappointing 😕 When you spend $50K on a new vehicle, you don't expect it to be butchered. I would demand it be made right. Let us know how it turns out.

#10 ·
I probably would not have left the dealer without getting some re-assurances that they were doing to make it right. No way you should have to live with some elses incompetent mistake like that. I know my OCD(ness) would look at that spot and get pissed off every time I got into the car... haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.