Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - need your advice.

Just picked up a new Ascent Touring today and during the inspection, next to the shift stick was some protective plastic that was not fully removed. I pointed it out to the sales guy and he tried to remove it by hand, and said that he would have it taken care off. Fast forward 2 hours later and during the final hand off we hoop into the car to have him show me some more features... and I notice again the plastic is still there! 馃槱

I point this out to him and he calls someone that looks like an intern to look at it. They get a pair of pliers and that is when the sales guy scratches the faux wood panel and side silver (see pictures below). They are not successful removing the plastic either !

I pointed this out to the sales guy, and asked him if he could take care of it. I get a "yea probably" answer. 馃槼

I don't 100% trust this sales guy can resolve this for me. When handing over 50K for a car, am I in the right to expect this sort of armature hour stuff doesn't happen? It just kills me that a new car is handed over like this, with a scratch.

I am planning on calling the manager on Monday, explain the situation and request they replace the panels if they can't make it look like new. Am I out of line here? Your advice please!

Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

Note I just paid them 50k for this car.

Registered
HFS that is BAD!!!
Sales manager Monday at open.
If that guy is dumb enough to do that he doesn't deserve your trust.
Get a commitment in writing from the sales manager.
If there is any resistance speak to the owner.

Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx

Just picked up a new Ascent Touring today and during the inspection, next to the shift stick was some protective plastic that was not fully removed. I pointed it out to the sales guy and he tried to remove it by hand, and said that he would have it taken care off. Fast forward 2 hours later and during the final hand off we hoop into the car to have him show me some more features... and I notice again the plastic is still there! 馃槱

I point this out to him and he calls someone that looks like an intern to look at it. They get a pair of pliers and that is when the sales guy scratches the faux wood panel and side silver (see pictures below). They are not successful removing the plastic either !

I pointed this out to the sales guy, and asked him if he could take care of it. I get a "yea probably" answer. 馃槼

I don't 100% trust this sales guy can resolve this for me. When handing over 50K for a car, am I in the right to expect this sort of armature hour stuff doesn't happen? It just kills me that a new car is handed over like this, with a scratch.

I am planning on calling the manager on Monday, explain the situation and request they replace the panels if they can't make it look like new. Am I out of line here? Your advice please!

View attachment 15175

View attachment 15176
No, you are not out of line. I would have had them put in writingthat they will replace panel. It should be okay assuming you took your time stamped photo in case the manager is a moron.

Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
The sad thing here is that it could have easily been removed with a blade and no visible marking. Press your point with the sales manager. If you don't get satisfaction, hit up the general manager.

Registered
2022 Ascent Onyx, Ice Silver

View attachment 15175

View attachment 15176
Disappointing 馃槙 When you spend $50K on a new vehicle, you don't expect it to be butchered. I would demand it be made right. Let us know how it turns out.

Registered
I probably would not have left the dealer without getting some re-assurances that they were doing to make it right. No way you should have to live with some elses incompetent mistake like that. I know my OCD(ness) would look at that spot and get pissed off every time I got into the car... haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts