Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Adjust Amp/Subwoofer Levels?

10K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  msgdob86 
#1 ·
Greetings!

Sorry if this question has been answered, I did my best to check previous threads. But can you adjust the subwoofer and/or Amplifier (under passenger seat) levels to adjust bass levels? It seems like they want to keep you out of there, but perhaps one of you savvy Ascent owners found a way?

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Sorry - Realized I forgot to include some specifics: This is for the Ascent Limited w/Harmon Kardon premium sound "upgrade."

The 3-band EQ is OK and does the trick for the most part, but being pretty disappointed with the bass, I was looking to try and adjust the levels. This is before ripping it out and doing my own "upgrade."

Thanks!

#4 ·
I haven't heard of a feature to control thru the amp for OEM applications. However, if the HK system uses the Rockford Fosgate amp like below, I think you can get a sub level control knob and plug into the "REMOTE" hole/jack. Otherwise, the only control is thru the preamp (i.e. headunit).

#7 ·
None of the vehicles I've owned with subs had a separate volume control for the subs, Subarus included.

#10 ·
I do very much dislike that the Ascent does not have a subwoofer control. I'm coming from a 2012 accord coupe that still had an independent sub control. Granted that didn't last long after putting in an aftermarket sub.. but still, it was there. The fact this does not have it kinda sucks. So I'm just waiting until the speakers are loosened up some to really get a good feel for the sound.

#11 ·
The RF system can accept an external controller. I own one. It's not compatible with the HK unit in the 14 speaker setups. The HK unit looks like it might accept an external controller input, but I haven't found any for it - the port might be for something else entirely.

#14 ·
Sorry I’m tardy to the party, but I disassembled and disconnected the amp in my ‘19 Touring, and there are no knobs; just two bays to plug in the power/audio cables and then a small port for possibly setup? No knobs or adjustment.

Since I have Spotify Premium, I just use the multi band EQ in combination with the 3 band and surround in the head unit. I’ve gotten it pretty close. It’s still only an 8” sub, but it can punch quite a bit if EQ’d correctly. I feel like a high wattage 10” or 12” would be overkill for fill bass. It would have to be for someone who wanted to rattle the windows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.