Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

Sorry if this question has been answered, I did my best to check previous threads. But can you adjust the subwoofer and/or Amplifier (under passenger seat) levels to adjust bass levels? It seems like they want to keep you out of there, but perhaps one of you savvy Ascent owners found a way?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Greetings!

Sorry if this question has been answered, I did my best to check previous threads. But can you adjust the subwoofer and/or Amplifier (under passenger seat) levels to adjust bass levels? It seems like they want to keep you out of there, but perhaps one of you savvy Ascent owners found a way?

Thanks in advance!
I know the 3 band EQ isn't much, but does that not help at all?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry - Realized I forgot to include some specifics: This is for the Ascent Limited w/Harmon Kardon premium sound "upgrade."

The 3-band EQ is OK and does the trick for the most part, but being pretty disappointed with the bass, I was looking to try and adjust the levels. This is before ripping it out and doing my own "upgrade."

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I haven't heard of a feature to control thru the amp for OEM applications. However, if the HK system uses the Rockford Fosgate amp like below, I think you can get a sub level control knob and plug into the "REMOTE" hole/jack. Otherwise, the only control is thru the preamp (i.e. headunit).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am wondering the same thing. I have had two cars with subwoofers and both gives control for sub volume. I picked the Limited trim partly because of the HK audio. My listening enjoyment is significantly hampered without a sub adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
None of the vehicles I've owned with subs had a separate volume control for the subs, Subarus included.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the comments. Looks like there is not an adjustment for the sub. My 2008 Pathfinder (Bose) and my 2013 Acura RDX both had it. I just figured it was a standard setting and I missed it. Oh well ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I do very much dislike that the Ascent does not have a subwoofer control. I'm coming from a 2012 accord coupe that still had an independent sub control. Granted that didn't last long after putting in an aftermarket sub.. but still, it was there. The fact this does not have it kinda sucks. So I'm just waiting until the speakers are loosened up some to really get a good feel for the sound.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
The RF system can accept an external controller. I own one. It's not compatible with the HK unit in the 14 speaker setups. The HK unit looks like it might accept an external controller input, but I haven't found any for it - the port might be for something else entirely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts