Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed what I thought was road film on my 2020 Ascent wheels since I bought it in January. After a good car wash, the film was still there. I finally, with a can of WD40 and a lot of elbow grease, was able to scrub it all off. I‘m pretty sure these wheels were shipped with a plastic protective film & this is adhesive residue.
Any others have this issue? 44D99B1E-E94C-4F8F-97E0-322CA662DF8F.jpeg

·
Registered
44 Posts
We had some on the 19 Outback and did the same thing to clean them up.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have noticed what I thought was road film on my 2020 Ascent wheels since I bought it in January. After a good car wash, the film was still there. I finally, with a can of WD40 and a lot of elbow grease, was able to scrub it all off. I‘m pretty sure these wheels were shipped with a plastic protective film & this is adhesive residue.
Any others have this issue? View attachment 4458
Make the dealership do it the next time you go in. It's a pain. I still had it on my Outback 3 years later when I traded it for the Ascent.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
301 Posts
Yes -- that adhesive is some recalcitrant stuff! Ours is mostly cleaned, but there are lines of it here and there. I first thought they were gouches/scratches through the machined surfaces, but it's just the residue. I do my own oil changes and tire rotations every 5k miles, and I plan to take the Goof Off to this stuff during my first tire rotation (which should come in about 1,500 miles).

·
Registered
7 Posts

Lazy detailing staff at the dealer level (we use Wurth Industry Cleaner to remove vehicle and rim shipping film).

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have one wheel where this was very noticeable. Gun cleaning solvent(specifically, Shooters Choice) makes short work of getting it cleaned up. Put some on a terry cloth towel or micro fiber cloth and rub briskly....comes right off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts