Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm surpriseed that bluetooth can handle the video for the maps. I suspect it's turning on the wifi to get better data rates.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,886 Posts
I'm surpriseed that bluetooth can handle the video for the maps. I suspect it's turning on the wifi to get better data rates.
AA and CP are supposed to hand-off the media delivery to WiFI because of bandwidth requirements. These dongles are supposed to take care of that. One thing...compatibility varies across vehicles so before investing in a dongle for the Subaru, be sure that specific product has been tested and found to be compatible. AFAIK, there's only one so far that has accomplished that with Subaru. (sold under two brand names)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I contributed to the AAWireless campaign and received my dongle last week. It works perfectly! Now I can start my car and within 15-25 seconds the Google Maps is on the screen and my music is playing. The touch latency is identical when compared to using a USB cable. It really works!

Now the question is, will this work on my 2020: 2021 Subaru Ascent Wireless Charger - H671SXC200 - Genuine Subaru Accessory
The site says it doesn't, but they said the same thing about the center console cup holder insert and that works perfectly in my 2020 (though it doesn't require wiring which the charger does).

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Abyss Blue Pearl
136 Posts
I contributed in December. Perk was delivered a couple days ago, and I just got around to trying it out. Set up was easy and my limited play it worked great! It seemed to take about 20-30 seconds to connect, but that's similar to the wired connection.

I'll let you know if I have any difficulties but first impressions are that it's pretty cool!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts