Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Anyone added or is planning on adding the window tint to their Ascent? I'm looking into different films and places. Any tips would be highly welcomed. I'm in the Bay Area.

Thanks,

·
Registered
978 Posts
Has Anyone added or is planning on adding the window tint to their Ascent? I'm looking into different films and places. Any tips would be highly welcomed. I'm in the Bay Area.

Thanks,
I know that my Stockton based custom car buddy removes tint from front windows on average 4 days a week at $400 a pop. So a few things to be aware of. #1 CA tint laws and the no one profiling thing CA Highway Patrol gets attracted too is illegal front window tint.

In our little Bay Area town last summer front tinting super dark almost seemed like a must have trend. It came to a fast end when the PD started getting complaints from pedestrians and cyclists not being able to make eye contact with the driver. I haven’t seen any illegal tint jobs this summer.

So do your homework and don’t become a target.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the rear windows come tinted from the factory. Unless you want to have the front 2 done, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Front Window? That's seems pretty cool, but maybe a really light tint. Order will be arriving soon in August, so just getting things ready and planned. I'm only considering on doing the side windows a bit lighter or the same as the rear passengers. I tent to do a bit of driving and the sun has got me beat!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Anyone else here from the Bay that has had their Ascent windows tinted?

Looking to tint..well, add some tint to the front windows ? and wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got XPEL Prime XR Plus installed. It's the newest in tinting technology that blocks up to 98% of IR. You can find installers here: XPEL Clear Bra Installer
Other tinting companies offer the same thing with different names, you can compare how much IR is blocked and make sure you don't get a metallic film as those block cell/radio signals.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got my windows tinted from California glass tint on King Rd in San Jose. Had 5 others cars tinted there within the last 20 years with no issues (bubbles etc...) $100 for the front 2 windows (did not tint the small section on the front fixed side window). Same darkness as the rear.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Got my windows tinted from California glass tint on King Rd in San Jose. Had 5 others cars tinted there within the last 20 years with no issues (bubbles etc...) $100 for the front 2 windows (did not tint the small section on the front fixed side window). Same darkness as the rear.
Not worried about a ticket?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I got XPEL Prime XR Plus installed. It's the newest in tinting technology that blocks up to 98% of IR. You can find installers here: XPEL Clear Bra Installer
Other tinting companies offer the same thing with different names, you can compare how much IR is blocked and make sure you don't get a metallic film as those block cell/radio signals.

How much did that cost you? I got an appointment coming up soon with some Suntek CIR, but 98% of IR sounds **** good!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice. Looking good. Thanks. I'll have to check them out. What film do they use? I'll probably end up doing the same too and have them match the back too. :eek:

·
Registered
292 Posts
As someone who has gotten the dreaded fixing ticket for front window tints, I advise you all to not get anything darker than 50% for the front.

I’m planning to get 70% for front doors and windshield with ceramic tints... blocks out most heat and barely noticeable that it’s timed. Purpose of tints for me is to block out heat more than to block out brightness.

·
Registered
97 Posts
As someone who has gotten the dreaded fixing ticket for front window tints, I advise you all to not get anything darker than 50% for the front.

I’m planning to get 70% for front doors and windshield with ceramic tints... blocks out most heat and barely noticeable that it’s timed. Purpose of tints for me is to block out heat more than to block out brightness.
Any issues with eyesight with the windshield tinted at 70%?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ended up tinting front two windows to match the rear tint. Suntek ceramic. The film from the inside does give off a different tone/color compared to all the other windows (factory tint) but I think it's because of the ceramic, as opposed to just the regular carbon type film?

Looks dark as the car is in the shade at the time but in broad daylight, not too bad. Was contemplating on adding a layer to the rear windows to darken it up. You can see the sun shining through the 2nd row from the rear window.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
What tint comes standard with the touring? I like tinting the front door windows with the lowest tint possible to get some protection but still avoid fix it tickets. I am undecided on if I want darker tint on the back windows. I usually like both the look and the effectiveness of it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
got mine tinted as well.. off course it's legal here where we live. LOL
Are you around the PDX area? If so, where did you get yours done?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You will wish you had tinted the front side windows when the leather on the front seats starts to show signs of fading and cracking from the sun. It won't be that big of a problem if you park exclusively in a garage.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts