Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we purchased the touring in May and was told we could not add to the order, the arrival date is only September. We wanted to add the hitch, front sill plates, remote key fob start, seat protectors, and front bumper guard. At the time we could have added them on as invoice, now they are saying Msrp which is around 1200 instead of invoice at 800 but the kicker is now they want almost 1500 for the install??? They are saying port install would charge this as well but I’m not convinced. I just want to reorder but afraaid I might not get the first offer of everything at invoice... anybody else in this predicament?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I pre-ordered in March Touring model with hopefully next week delivery.

I added package #2, hitch and bunch of other things (seat covers, edge guards, splash guards)

All was added to the time of the original order (well actually next day, so original order and print out was modified). All accessories were port installed. I did not have to pay any install costs. Just parts.

I was told by the dealer that installing hitch by dealer will occurs labor charge, hence I added to the initial order.

·
Registered
174 Posts
So we purchased the touring in May and was told we could not add to the order, the arrival date is only September. We wanted to add the hitch, front sill plates, remote key fob start, seat protectors, and front bumper guard. At the time we could have added them on as invoice, now they are saying Msrp which is around 1200 instead of invoice at 800 but the kicker is now they want almost 1500 for the install??? They are saying port install would charge this as well but I’m not convinced. I just want to reorder but afraaid I might not get the first offer of everything at invoice... anybody else in this predicament?
My understanding was that orders could be modified up until the we're slotted to be built. My dealer has made changes to my order as items have become available that were not available to order earlier in the process

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered mine with the hitch and it will be installed at the factory. I asked my salesman to charge me only the invoice price on the accessories and he agreed.

·
Registered
598 Posts
You have ~30 days from order date to add/remove accessories. The cost (invoice/msrp/whatever your dealer charges) is the cost including install labor if done at the time of order and completed by the factory. If its done post production by the dealership there is a labor cost added.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have ~30 days from order date to add/remove accessories. The cost (invoice/msrp/whatever your dealer charges) is the cost including install labor if done at the time of order and completed by the factory. If its done post production by the dealership there is a labor cost added.
We did not get 30 days. We asked the dealer at Day 20 and he said the order was locked so I called SOA directly and they said the order was indeed locked and could not be changed. So I’m not sure why some can get 30 days and some not. Heck I called today and we are still just month of Sept so I don’t know why we can’t add stuff being they haven’t even started it yet. So frustrating!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm sorry to hear your frustrations. When I went through the ordering process months ago I skipped the hitch as I thought "$500list " or the invoice was too much. The thinking I had at the time was that I would install it myself. I mean, how hard could it be? I did it on my 2011 outback. Just needed to trim a bit of a heat shield or something for the aftermarket. Again, this vehicle was supposed to appear mid august...after my mtn bike vacation.

Fast forward a few months and my salesman says it is coming early, no chance to add the hitch from the factory. So they ordered me the hitch (which came in well before the vehicle) and I had it installed after the fact for like $600. Not ideal, but I didn't think there would be any aftermarket options ready to install before my trip. So I lost out on a couple hundred for the convenience of OEM and the dealer was on the hook for any damage to the new paint and the rear parking sensors.

In your case, you can walk away from your order or ask for something comparable to the $600 I paid...even if it is at another dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts