Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 Outback ACC had the ability to adjust either 5 mph or 1 mph at a time depending on the pressure put on the paddle adjust on the steering wheel.

Is this possible in the 2020 Ascent?

I haven't been able to replicate this, or find any info.

·
Registered
774 Posts
It does seem a little counterintuitive, but you'll get used to it very quickly. It drove me nuts for the 1st couple of months but I am used to it now.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Press for 5mph increments, press and hold for desired increase/decrease. I agree its counter-intuitive but with ACC it makes perfect sense once you get used to it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I was very glad to learn that tip on here also. On the open highway I might go 76 or 77. Previously I thought I had to activate the system at just the right speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was very glad to learn that tip on here also. On the open highway I might go 76 or 77. Previously I thought I had to activate the system at just the right speed.
Exactly. I feel like you're less likely to be pulled over when going 7 miles over the speed limit, as opposed to 10.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
211 Posts
I had no idea about this one. Thanks for the info. I was annoyed with it at first, but agree that 72 in a 65 zone is more defensible than 75.

·
Registered
443 Posts
In georgia, the state police [usually] won't mess with you until you go 10 over
Yes, because the maximum fine for 9 over is $25. Not worth it for them. The maximum for 10 over starts at $100 and increases at 14, 19, 24 over.
"9 you're fine, 10 you're mine."
I allow a margin of error and stick to 6 or 7 over. :)

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,156 Posts
I do prefer the previous implementation where a "half tap" up (just to the detent) would get you 1 mph, and a "full tap" up (through the detent) would get you 5 mph. However, given they went with a simple rocker switch now without detents, I do like the tap up for 5 mph and tap-hold for 1 mph increments. I do adjust by 5 mph more often than I adjust by 1 mph.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts