Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repeat thread...I did try searching

I am curious what pricing people are getting who have actually ordered their Ascent. I know location, trim, and options make a difference. Just looking for a ballpark. I went in to build mine last week and my dealer told me to wait. He said the more orders Subaru receives, the price should start dropping (at least a bit). He assures me that he will not let me miss a July delivery. They have been allocated 50 units, and only 17 orders so far.

I am considering a Limited trim with Option 23 and a few small add-ons. All weather mats, bumper guard, tow package, 3rd row shades...I'm forgetting a few. We live in Denver. I think he quoted me around $42,000 MSRP.

Happy Ascenting!

CJ

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry if this is a repeat thread...I did try searching

I am curious what pricing people are getting who have actually ordered their Ascent. I know location, trim, and options make a difference. Just looking for a ballpark. I went in to build mine last week and my dealer told me to wait. He said the more orders Subaru receives, the price should start dropping (at least a bit). He assures me that he will not let me miss a July delivery. They have been allocated 50 units, and only 17 orders so far.

I am considering a Limited trim with Option 23 and a few small add-ons. All weather mats, bumper guard, tow package, 3rd row shades...I'm forgetting a few. We live in Denver. I think he quoted me around $42,000 MSRP.

Happy Ascenting!

CJ
I’m paying just a tad more than that for a Touring with a bunch of accessories. You can do A LOT better. Try Heuberger in the Springs, it’s well worth the drive from Denver...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I talked with three dealers around Boulder, CO and none would negotiate below MSRP. One even tacked on almost $2K as an "addendum" (extra fee due to the low supply of vehicles). Sounds like I should have gone down the Springs...

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
94 Posts
Could always think of it as a road trip if you need to travel farther to get a better deal for your car. And that $2k tacked on is just stupid, especially for something like the Ascent. I've only seen price gouging for unique cars like hot hatches and limited edition cars, not something like the Ascent.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Could always think of it as a road trip if you need to travel farther to get a better deal for your car. And that $2k tacked on is just stupid, especially for something like the Ascent. I've only seen price gouging for unique cars like hot hatches and limited edition cars, not something like the Ascent.
They removed the $2K when I challenged them (after calling around to get more data). *I* think it's a ridiculous fee, but it's only ridiculous if people aren't willing to pay it ;-)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I talked with three dealers around Boulder, CO and none would negotiate below MSRP. One even tacked on almost $2K as an "addendum" (extra fee due to the low supply of vehicles). Sounds like I should have gone down the Springs...
The Subaru dealer in Golden will match the prices in Colorado Springs. They would for me.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
That's crazy talk. The vehicle doesn't event exist to be sold yet, it's in pre-order stage. However, negotiation is more of an art than science. I suggest you try again later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there, does anybody know what employee price is in relation to the invoice? My brother works at subaru and I had him ask, he was told 500 over invoice, does that sound right? The dealership where he works is known for not giving out good deals.

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jarocho that doesn't sound like so special of a deal. I know it varies by region, but I was quoted Invoice pricing for any trim level of Ascent on my first communication with a dealer in Louisville Kentucky. Below is the MSRP and Invoice pricing he provided. I put in a pre-order for Invoice price on a model.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1OwPcV2kOv4LW0xU2Z3V2dsVmh1RDFTdmdtVGZqSTJlb3VV
That’s what I thought, like I said the dealer is known to be on the expensive side. I’m in Washington state and there are a lot of dealers here I wonder if we could try to get the employee discount somewhere else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts