Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased an OBDLink MX+ thinking it would work just fine with ActiveOBD but each time I try to find it on ActiveOBD it says no compatible devices found.. Is there something I am missing or is this thing actually not compatible? When setting up ActiveOBD on apple it gives 2 choices, Bluetooth LE and Wifi. I select BLE with no luck but it does show up in the OBDLink app.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got the same OBDLink MX+ that I'm trying to connect using an iPad. I couldn't find the device at first, but when I went into the Bluetooth settings and disconnected the OBDLink MX+ device and opened ActiveOBD back up again, it found it as "OBDII".

I didn't get much farther than that, though. When I selected OBDII, it got stuck on the next step where it said it was checking the device capabilities.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
... I went into the Bluetooth settings and disconnected the OBDLink MX+ device and opened ActiveOBD back up again, it found it as "OBDII"...
I have no experience with this device and app, but I have other BT devices and apps where the BT pairing must be done via the app and not the usual OS BT screen. Once the pairing is accomplished through the app, the device does show up in the OS BT screen. If I pair those devices directly using the OS BT screen, they don't work with the app.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have no experience with this device and app, but I have other BT devices and apps where the BT pairing must be done via the app and not the usual OS BT screen. Once the pairing is accomplished through the app, the device does show up in the OS BT screen. If I pair those devices directly using the OS BT screen, they don't work with the app.
You're right. I've seen that as well. In this case, the QuickStart instructions for the OBDLink MX+ guide you to connect via the OS BT screen first, which is what I did, and it worked for their device-specific app. If HappilyEverAndra followed those same steps like I did, I figured that might be why they don't see the device within ActiveOBD.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right. I've seen that as well. In this case, the QuickStart instructions for the OBDLink MX+ guide you to connect via the OS BT screen first, which is what I did, and it worked for their device-specific app. If HappilyEverAndra followed those same steps like I did, I figured that might be why they don't see the device within ActiveOBD.
yeah I was able to figure that out as well but ran into the issue where it just hung on discovering devices capabilities like you mentioned as well. So still stuck getting it to work with ActiveOBD

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I purchased an OBDLink MX+ thinking it would work just fine with ActiveOBD but each time I try to find it on ActiveOBD it says no compatible devices found.. Is there something I am missing or is this thing actually not compatible? When setting up ActiveOBD on apple it gives 2 choices, Bluetooth LE and Wifi. I select BLE with no luck but it does show up in the OBDLink app.

Any ideas?
Very late to this thread, but wondering if you ever figured this? I’m in the same annoying boat. I have the obdlink mx+ and the active obd doesn’t even see it as an available bt device🤷‍♀️.. tried too many times to count. The obdlink app has no trouble finding and connecting.. but unfortunately they don’t offer transmission temp:/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts