Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we let our dog ride in the 3rd row. Tonight while driving she threw up down the side. Of the driver's side seat. It is such a narrow gap and there are big chunks of vomit down there. Does anyone have any detailing experience who could give me some hints on how to clean that area out. 2019 Ascent Premium.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey, I was holding off for someone with a better solution.
My experience is the third row seat removes pretty easy.
Remove the trunk plastic liner and lid to expose the rear bolts
of the seat. The front bolts can be removed by bending the
plastic cover over and up to get a shallow socket on them.
Remove the seat after disconnecting the harness, it is heavy.
The whole area you need to clean will be exposed.
There is a thread with 2nd and 3rd row seat removal, if you need
more photos or details let me know.
Dogs rule, Budzster

P.S. I am not a mechanic:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
That is your best bet. Get the seat out to you can get to everything or you'll be smelling that for ages.

Reactions: James1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately things aren't always easy for me. I was able to get 5 of the 7 books out but the passenger front bolt and driver side rear bolts weren't budging to the point where they were beginning to strip out. :( On the bright side taking out the trunk liner and disengaging the upholstery clips under the seat gave me a bit more acces. Most of the big chunks were pooled at the seatbelt bolt area. I was able to squeeze my hand back there and remove them and used a wrench to push them out from under metal parts. I then used a bottle brush with warm soapy water to scrub out the area and crevices while using my fingers and a rag to pick up the remaining little bits. Finished off with a generously spraying it down with pet odor remover spray, leaving it smelling lemony fresh. I'm pretty confident I got 99.9% of it. Will definitely get a seat protector and won't be having Labradoodle for dinner although I was very tempted 🐕 I guess the true test will be come summer time whether it starts to smell or not.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
Hope you got it all cleaned up, the things we do for our pets!

While we were sleeping last night, at about 5AM our Chihuahua that sleeps with us puked between the sheets, twice.

Reactions: rlb81 and James1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our cat Meatbag pukes all over the place, but he rarely goes in the car... he’s pretty old now so it’s hard to stay mad at him as much as we’d like too!
Right, I was so ticked off but then she was outside jumping up at the leaves on a tree branch and the anger melted away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hope you got it all cleaned up, the things we do for our pets!

While we were sleeping last night, at about 5AM our Chihuahua that sleeps with us puked between the sheets, twice.
Yikes, hopefully you didn't wake up covered in puke and the sheets were easier to clean. 🤮

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
195 Posts
You’re really going to want to make sure it’s all out and deep cleaned. A friend of mine threw up in another friends parents car a long while back. On hot days years later it still reeked of Sambuca vomit. Although I doubt your dog was drinking liquorice alcohol, it’s still going to smell. If you can’t do it yourself, I would suggest a professional service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You’re really going to want to make sure it’s all out and deep cleaned. A friend of mine threw up in another friends parents car a long while back. On hot days years later it still reeked of Sambuca vomit. Although I doubt your dog was drinking liquorice alcohol, it’s still going to smell. If you can’t do it yourself, I would suggest a professional service.
Yeah fortunately our dog just got out of rehab so no alcohol mixed in just pure Iams PuppyMix ;) Definitely will be taking it to the shop to get cleaned out if it starts to smell. Hopefully my bloody knuckle clean out job did the trick. 😞

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
195 Posts
Yeah fortunately our dog just got out of rehab so no alcohol mixed in just pure Iams PuppyMix ;) Definitely will be taking it to the shop to get cleaned out if it starts to smell. Hopefully my bloody knuckle clean out job did the trick. 😞
They had that car professionally cleaned after home attempt failed. Still on hot days ugh. Get some enzyme spray and go crazy on it before it’s too late!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Unfortunately things aren't always easy for me. I was able to get 5 of the 7 books out but the passenger front bolt and driver side rear bolts weren't budging to the point where they were beginning to strip out.
it’s still going to smell. If you can’t do it yourself, I would suggest a professional service.
Get some enzyme spray and go crazy on it before it’s too late!
Hey, If your still thinking about this issue this enzyme works well. At work I buy it for the plumbers and custodial
to use for anything that smells, it eats things that smell and poops fresh. Industrial grade.
As far as the seat bolts stripping, they are hardened. Be sure to use a six point socket, be sure the socket is flat
on the bolt. Breaker bar if needed. I've had the entire piece of carpet out and is also easy to replace if you can't save it.

Peace

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts