Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is an issues or the CVT transmission, but I've noticed that at times, from a complete stop, the minute you accelerate and get to normal speed, at around 2000rpm, it feels flat as if there's not enough power. You can hear and feel the engine trying to gain some power. The engine noise tends to get much louder and feels "heavy". Once you get to a certain speed than it becomes fairly smooth and engine isn't as loud as it was earlier.

Anyone have this issue or experience anything similar?

·
Registered
685 Posts
CVT vs RPM drone ... pretty much the main complaint on CVTs vs regular shifting transmission that run through rpm ranges vs staying at something constant.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CVT vs RPM drone ... pretty much the main complaint on CVTs vs regular shifting transmission that run through rpm ranges vs staying at something constant.

Thanks. I guess it's something I need to get used to. First time with CVT so it's a bit different.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine does the same thing but think it has something to do with the "gears" and the torque converter lock.
Thanks for the reply. Thought it was just my car and wasn't sure if I should bring it into the dealership or not, hah.

Anything we can do about it or is this simply the CVT?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts