Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently purchased a 2019 Ascent. Love it, except recently we noticed that the AC was not blowing as cold as it used to. After discovering a leak Subaru replaced a hose or something. Unfortunately, I don’t think the leaky hose was the problem. Even after being advised to switch the mode to auto (as opposed to full auto ) we felt that the AC was still not performing as it once did. I decided to get scientific. Using a thermapen in the vent, i noticed that tut temperatures at startup were much cooler, once the car was driven a bit, i noticed temperature swings, most significantly when the temp was set to 75 (on auto). In one instance, the temperature started in the low 50s but rose to 78 degrees. Once we turned off the car and turned it back on, the temperature of the air coming out of vents dropped back to the low 50s and stayed that way even though the Ac temp was set to 75. Again we used auto (not full auto). I’m not sure what’s up with this temp swings but something is definitely wrong. I am bringing in back (3rd time for ac issues) next Tuesday, anyhow have a tip that I can point the tech to explore?

·
Registered
154 Posts
One of the site moderators Robert explains the normal operation of the AC in this link:

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you want to use the A/C and get cool and you want it to blow cold air turn the temp dial down to the low 60s. No way it's gonna cool at 75 you are sending it mixed messages and probably got the heater core opening up to get warm while making it cold. I either have mine all the way, low or high

1 - 3 of 3 Posts