Subaru Ascent Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,985 Posts
What Scarlett said...and don't tighten any of the ties until you have them all installed...at that point start going down the line tightening them a bit so you can keep any kinks out of things. The final run brings them snug.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wish I’d found this earlier. Visited a friend this morning... lives a couple miles down a dirt road... about 30 minutes after leaving his house AC started getting warm... dropped it off at the dealer and they just called me about an hour ago and said a rock punctured the condenser. Not covered by warranty of course. Quoted me $1079 to replace.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wish I’d found this earlier. Visited a friend this morning... lives a couple miles down a dirt road... about 30 minutes after leaving his house AC started getting warm... dropped it off at the dealer and they just called me about an hour ago and said a rock punctured the condenser. Not covered by warranty of course. Quoted me $1079 to replace.
Kirk, I can't make any promises, but I know a number of folks have contacted Subaru of America, or the regional offices, and gotten some assistance with the repair. I believe they have presented the case that the grill is so wide open that it should be considered a design flaw. Subaru seems to be fairly generous in this regard compared to other manufacturers given the positive response that I have seen in more than a few cases. If you don't get assistance from that, it should also be able to be claimed under comprehensive insurance. HTH.

·
Registered
80 Posts
No problem, Jeff. I've got them ready to go. Shoot me an email at [email protected]hoo.com and I'll get you fixed up. If you haven't found the webpage yet, it is: AscentStuff.weebly.com

Steve

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, RobertD. I'm not sure why that is, I'll have to run it down in the morning. For now, this also works:

I'll edit it above as well.
Steve

·
Registered
853 Posts
Was the rock kicked up by a vehicle in front of you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm here because the condenser on my 2019 Ascent got hit by a rock and the AC stopped working this week. The Subaru dealer offered to cover it as "good will" fix and I didn't even have to complain first. So big kudos to them on that.

I'll be ordering one of these guards tonight. I'm so glad someone has already solved the problem!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just to confirm, the Ascent does not have active shutters that I need to worry about interfering with when I install the guard, correct?
The AscentScreen installs on the outside of the grill. It will not interfere with any active shutters if they are on the car. These are always behind the grill.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,985 Posts
I remain pleased with this inexpensive improvement to my Ascent that protects expensive things from rocks and other debris.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts