Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I'd share this...

My oldest son (9) loves cars already, so I pulled into the local Porsche dealership in my Ascent just to gawk. I was a little excited that I was actually greeted by a salesman as if I were a potential buyer. Not wanting to waste his time, I politely asked if it was ok if we just looked around since my son was jumping out of his seat excited to be so close to so many "supercars". The salesman said absolutely! as he started walking around and checking out my Ascent! I guess it was the first one he had seen and he seemed impressed, which I thought was funny when as I was sitting next to a row of 911's, Cayennes, Macans, F-Paces, and Audi's with various letter and number combinations.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
That is pretty cool. Maybe he's into boxers! Some of the greatest appeal of Subarus to me is the unique drivetrain. Porsche and Subaru are like brothers from another mother.
I'm willing to bet that their success is likely a contribution of Subaru's engine design. Their 2009+ non-turbo engines marked a new generation of their engines, having the same design as the proven Subaru H6. Their 1999-2008 water-cooled engines retained the old tradition of having an intermediate shaft (purpose is to reduce rotational speed to camshafts) but modified one end of the shaft to use bearings that's commonly used as wheel-bearings, resulted major issues over the years and ongoing - BIG FREAKIN' OOPS!!! Their design for turbo and non-turbo engines are not consistent either. The 2009-today engines are consistent and very similar to Subaru H6.

I hope the Subaru H6 will stay relevant and make revisions (e.g., direct injection, turbo, etc...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts