Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day, a neighbor was walking past & I stopped to speak with them. I had to look for the power window button and pressed the one for the passenger side. I looked over and thought, why didn't the window open? It took a second to realize that the window had opened so quickly and quietly that it was already open. I opened and closed it several times paying attention to the motion and noise and was very impressed with how smoothly, quickly and quietly it operated. A small thing but nice to see the attention to a small detail like that.

Having been pleasantly surprised with that, I partially opened each window and then opened and closed each door. The doors didn't rattle even with the windows partially opened. My Lexus does the same but my Mazda windows rattle when the windows are partially opened. Good work Subaru.

Now that I have done that, the windows won't ever be opened again. It's a Florida thing.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,179 Posts
The Ascent does have about the fastest-opening power windows I've ever owned. I agree -- they are quiet even when partially or fully opened.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Be glad Subaru stopped with the frameless window design. My previous Subarus; 98, 05 Legacy and my wife's 2000 Impreza windows would rattle rattle so easily.

The only saving grace I could find was this design was it made the doors very light. Oh and this: after an ice storm, you just open the door and row down the windows to push out the ice. It was strangely satisfying to remove the ice as one large piece the size of the window!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.