Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new to this forum I hope I'm posting in the right spot.

I won't go into too many details as I did that in the new member introduction. We pick up our new red Touring Saturday and I have a few questions. Not a major concern but I was wondering how some of you like the tires that come on the Touring. The salesman said they are probably Falken's. Not too concerned with the brand as much as I am with ride and quietness. Our 17 Acadia we just sold came with Michelin Premier LTX which were the noisiest, harshest riding tires I have ever owned. They were rated at 60K miles but at 29K they were almost to the tread wear indicators.

Next, we tried to buy from a local dealer but they had nothing in stock and the offered deal was just not acceptable. I found a red Touring on the ground within 200 miles for a better price. I'm wondering what kind of service experience you have had buying from one dealer and getting service from another. Also, I will probably buy the Subaru warranty from one of the recommended dealers once we have had it for a month or so. Does every dealer in the country have to accept this warranty as I noticed some sell them and some don't. Our dealer sells something else.

Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Being new to this forum I hope I'm posting in the right spot.

I won't go into too many details as I did that in the new member introduction. We pick up our new red Touring Saturday and I have a few questions. Not a major concern but I was wondering how some of you like the tires that come on the Touring. The salesman said they are probably Falken's. Not too concerned with the brand as much as I am with ride and quietness. Our 17 Acadia we just sold came with Michelin Premier LTX which were the noisiest, harshest riding tires I have ever owned. They were rated at 60K miles but at 29K they were almost to the tread wear indicators.

Next, we tried to buy from a local dealer but they had nothing in stock and the offered deal was just not acceptable. I found a red Touring on the ground within 200 miles for a better price. I'm wondering what kind of service experience you have had buying from one dealer and getting service from another. Also, I will probably buy the Subaru warranty from one of the recommended dealers once we have had it for a month or so. Does every dealer in the country have to accept this warranty as I noticed some sell them and some don't. Our dealer sells something else.

Thanks.

If you get the 1st party Subaru extended warranty, my understanding is all Subaru dealers accept that. That is what I purchased. I had to ask when purchasing if what I was quoted, etc was first party Subaru and what was initially quoted was not, but then he quoted it and compared them, etc. If I had known better I would have contacted the person that everyone here uses for extended warranty, but I was not aware at the time).

I'm sure others will be along to confirm or correct, but the above is my understanding (1st party Subaru extended warranty = accepted by all Subaru dealers service areas).

On your other point, we had to purchase on a tight timeline as we needed to replace a vehicle that had been totaled and none of my local dealers could seem to source an Ascent with remotely near what we wanted for options. So I purchased from a dealer that was about 2.5 hours from me, who had the Ascent we wanted transferred in on very short notice from a dealer in another state. Today, I just had first service performed at a local dealer (other side of town, but still local), including a warranty item and a firmware update for the infotainment system, as well as a non warranty service of oil change & tire rotation and had no issues at all doing so.

·
Registered
965 Posts

Thanks.
If you have it serviced with us, we don't care where you bought it. Our service department will be glad to help you. (We have a lot people who purchase at another dealership that shall remain nameless but come here for service, because of our service department.) Also, according to your profile, you live in Oklahoma. If you live in and purchase in a sunbelt state (Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas) then you get your first two years or 24,000 miles of maintenance free at any Subaru dealer in the country. Purchasing in Kansas does NOT get you this benefit, sorry.

And we sell SAS Gold. We're the only dealer in our auto group that doesn't sell EFG for new cars. Subaru dealers in the US will accept SAS (Subaru Added Security) for warranty work. You do need to set your deductible and terms, so there's no one price fits all. Still pretty easy for any of the finance guys to do - just don't come in on the last weekend of the month and expect to be in and out in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have it serviced with us, we don't care where you bought it. Our service department will be glad to help you. (We have a lot people who purchase at another dealership that shall remain nameless but come here for service, because of our service department.) Also, according to your profile, you live in Oklahoma. If you live in and purchase in a sunbelt state (Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas) then you get your first two years or 24,000 miles of maintenance free at any Subaru dealer in the country. Purchasing in Kansas does NOT get you this benefit, sorry.

And we sell SAS Gold. We're the only dealer in our auto group that doesn't sell EFG for new cars. Subaru dealers in the US will accept SAS (Subaru Added Security) for warranty work. You do need to set your deductible and terms, so there's no one price fits all. Still pretty easy for any of the finance guys to do - just don't come in on the last weekend of the month and expect to be in and out in 10 minutes.
Thanks. I'm getting it in Missouri which probably doesn't qualify either but I won't be down to one vehicle waiting for something to arrive. My wife doesn't appreciate driving our 17 Ford F350 dually truck near as much as I do. We get it Saturday morning but as long as I can leave in time to get home to watch the Sooners all will be fine. Less than a 3 hour drive.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Not a major concern but I was wondering how some of you like the tires that come on the Touring. The salesman said they are probably Falken's. Not too concerned with the brand as much as I am with ride and quietness. Our 17 Acadia we just sold came with Michelin Premier LTX which were the noisiest, harshest riding tires I have ever owned. They were rated at 60K miles but at 29K they were almost to the tread wear indicators.

Thanks.
The Falkens seem to work fine for me. I only have about 1300 miles so far. Today I drove in a really heavy rain and they were great. I don’t find them noisy but I’m half deaf. The tread wear rating is not much on the Falken tires so I don’t expect a long life.

I had to use the VIP pricing to get a good deal.

You will find threads on getting the extended Subaru Factory Gold Warranty at dealer cost from Luke. He is great to work with. If you call him or send him an email he can give you the current prices. Getting the Subaru warranty at his cost made it worth while to me and I rarely buy warranties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts