Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking my 2020 to my local dealer to look into the 'clunk" in the front right and the 'boing noise' three times to have them tell me each time they did not hear anything. Covid rules do not allow you in the car with them to help find the issues. I decided to go to the dealer I bought it from an hour and half away, hoping to have better luck. Other issues being grinding noise when hitting the brakes while backing up and a few others.
What I did get was a 2021 Ascent. No noises , But what I did find was a HUGE improvement in the Advanced Adaptive Cruise Control (AACC) with Lane Centering and Lane Keep Assist added to EyeSight Driver Assist.
WOW was this an improvement. Night and day for keeping the vehicle in the lane. Never ,not once did it touch either side of the white lines on the highway. Smooth , no jerking of the car.
Was wondering if there was a way to get this upgrade in my 2020.????

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Alas, no, we've been told that some parts of the required hardware is different.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
629 Posts
Regarding not allowed in the same car at the same time, that is interesting given the fact drivers ed has been going on for months....

I guess may vary by state? But I am in Michigan who has had some of the more restrictive polices...

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,123 Posts
Last month I took the tech for a ride to point out a buzz I wasn't able to isolate. (It was the passenger side window shade when down. Didn't do it up.) We both wore masks. I sanitized the interior which I would have done anyway because the porter drove it into the shop.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Regarding not allowed in the same car at the same time, that is interesting given the fact drivers ed has been going on for months....

I guess may vary by state? But I am in Michigan who has had some of the more restrictive polices...
CA is like this as well. Sales people were not allowed to go on test drives at the dealers we went to (MB, Subaru, etc.). Not sure if that would be applicable to service techs, but I wouldn't be surprised.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
220 Posts

I suspect it's a dealership policy rather than a state rule.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts