Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my 2020 ascent literally for two months and have had to had to service three times already. Noticed that my a/c needed to have the refrigerant recharged when I literally took it off the lot after purchase. Took it in to be recharged, now one month later, the a/c is blowing warm air again. I noticed a fluid leaking by the left passenger rear and brought it in to be checked out but was told it was “normal”. Now I’m wondering if that is a leak in the a/c cooling system. Also the fog light bumper cover popped off without any collision. Why are all these things happening to my brand new car??? So very disappointed in this car. This is my third Subaru. It may be my last.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
I noticed a fluid leaking by the left passenger rear and brought it in to be checked out but was told it was “normal”. Now I’m wondering if that is a leak in the a/c cooling system.
That's normal. It's the rear evaporator. You have AC front and rear, and thus two condensation drains.

Coolant is a gas when not compressed. You would not see it dripping.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I’ve had my 2020 ascent literally for two months and have had to had to service three times already. Noticed that my a/c needed to have the refrigerant recharged when I literally took it off the lot after purchase. Took it in to be recharged, now one month later, the a/c is blowing warm air again. I noticed a fluid leaking by the left passenger rear and brought it in to be checked out but was told it was “normal”. Now I’m wondering if that is a leak in the a/c cooling system. Also the fog light bumper cover popped off without any collision. Why are all these things happening to my brand new car??? So very disappointed in this car. This is my third Subaru. It may be my last.
Yes, your refrigerant is leaking. It's not supposed to do that. At least three Ascent have been reported on this forum to have significant problem with the AC system.

I wouldn't ask anymore questions, just go back to your dealer and make a plan with them so that the results are in your favor. So far, it appears that you have failed, like many of the people complained on here, to navigate thru the process adequately and it's not your fault.

I'm being extremely tough on you because you have to put in just a bit of more work to get it resolved permanently. Universally, you need to obtain the scope-of-work (SOW) and schedule on the issue; you can just do it verbally with the service adviser. The SOW should outline their process of resolving the AC leak which includes diagnostic, repair, and monitoring. The schedule goes hand-in-hand w/ the SOW, providing a pathway to the successful repair.

Keep in mind, it's your car and your problem, not theirs. Unfortunately, there's no perfect car repair service, but I believe Subaru dealers will do good for you. Lastly (a bit off topic), don't try to be nice to people, have the courage to conduct yourself in a proper manner.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
It sounds like the same situation for the AC that other posters including myself have had. It is not a big issue and Subaru will take care of it under warranty. Your dealer should provide you a loaner if you need and it is a quick repair once they have the part in. Search AC on the forum and you can read about the issue, the part number and the Subaru service advisory. Once the part is replaced and the system recharged you should not have any future problems. Modern vehicles rely on thousands of parts from many different suppliers. Each part is expected to maintain quality control within the specs. That quality control is not 100% free and clear. 100% is not realistic and no auto manufacturer or supplier can ever achieve this. Subaru is great at addressing the issues as they become aware of them. Adjust your expectations to reflect this reality of the modern vehicle and you will increase your satisfaction. If Subaru does not effectively address any issue that arises, that would indeed be unsatisfactory and warrant significant concern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.