Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Completed all of the paperwork and signed the final documents on my 2019 Ascent Touring, got in the vehicle and attempted to drive off the lot when the A/C totally failed. Both front and rear. Service department was all over it - took it away for an hour - only to be told the entire A/C assembly would need to be replaced. That was Monday 7/2. It's 7/9 and still not call on getting the vehicle. Hope this is not an omen of things to come !

·
Registered
245 Posts
WOW! Sorry to hear about that. Hope they get you your car back soon

Do you have more details on what all "entire A/C assembly" means? There are quite a few components on an A/C system.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Completed all of the paperwork and signed the final documents on my 2019 Ascent Touring, got in the vehicle and attempted to drive off the lot when the A/C totally failed. Both front and rear. Service department was all over it - took it away for an hour - only to be told the entire A/C assembly would need to be replaced. That was Monday 7/2. It's 7/9 and still not call on getting the vehicle. Hope this is not an omen of things to come !
That’s not good! Being in FL I’ll be relying on that a/c for just about the entire year. I hope they at least gave you a loaner until it’s repaired.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
There was another person that had this issue as well...

Reactions: calimomofboys

·
Registered
597 Posts
Did you test drive the car before buying it? I always recommend testing the car you will buy to ensure it is functioning properly. If it doesn't do not give the dealer the signed contract till it is fixed or get a different vehicle.

Sorry this happened and I do hope it is fixed quickly without any other issues!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I too hope this isn't an omen. I was told my ride would be delivered in September. Just this Saturday I got an e-mail my car would be in by the end of this week! I just hope the plant isn't rushing things through just to get deliveries. I want my car, but I don't want problems a whole lot more!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you test drive the car before buying it? I always recommend testing the car you will buy to ensure it is functioning properly. If it doesn't do not give the dealer the signed contract till it is fixed or get a different vehicle.

Sorry this happened and I do hope it is fixed quickly without any other issues!
Absolutely - took it on a 20 mile test drive and all worked perfect. As a note - I also had the issue with the rear passenger door that others had reported but service resolved that quickly.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Absolutely - took it on a 20 mile test drive and all worked perfect. As a note - I also had the issue with the rear passenger door that others had reported but service resolved that quickly.
We had that happen with an Outback once. It was a one off. Compressor assembly was bad from the supplier.

The biggest issue we're having right now with these things is that Subaru corporate engineers are getting involved in each and every complaint, which slows fixing things down just a little. Well, that and there simply aren't necessarily replacement parts available, so sometimes they're having to ship them from the factory. Which in and of itself causes issues, because the parts are supposed to come from the parts distribution centers. The factory keeps enough parts on hand to build cars, not to supply dealers with replacements when something goes bad.

They'll get it figured out and fixed, just be patient. (Also, since it died on 07/02, we had a holiday in the middle of things that also screwed up shipping, too.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We had that happen with an Outback once. It was a one off. Compressor assembly was bad from the supplier.

The biggest issue we're having right now with these things is that Subaru corporate engineers are getting involved in each and every complaint, which slows fixing things down just a little. Well, that and there simply aren't necessarily replacement parts available, so sometimes they're having to ship them from the factory. Which in and of itself causes issues, because the parts are supposed to come from the parts distribution centers. The factory keeps enough parts on hand to build cars, not to supply dealers with replacements when something goes bad.

They'll get it figured out and fixed, just be patient. (Also, since it died on 07/02, we had a holiday in the middle of things that also screwed up shipping, too.)

Well a little more bad news. Here's the history - purchased the Ascent on July 2 - went to drive off the lot and the AC failed. Had to leave the vehicle and was given a rental. Repair was completed on July 9 and picked up the vehicle. On July 15 (yesterday) AC completely failed again. Waiting on the dealer to respond on what the course of action should be. Of course driving with no AC in this 95 degree heat isn't going to happen. Will keep the group posted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well a little more bad news. Here's the history - purchased the Ascent on July 2 - went to drive off the lot and the AC failed. Had to leave the vehicle and was given a rental. Repair was completed on July 9 and picked up the vehicle. On July 15 (yesterday) AC completely failed again. Waiting on the dealer to respond on what the course of action should be. Of course driving with no AC in this 95 degree heat isn't going to happen. Will keep the group posted.

Wow that is not cool, I figured it was just a freak thing. I hope you can get it going because when it works (including the air cooling seats) it works amazing.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Sounds like a Lemon Law candidate if you lived in New York.

·
Registered
119 Posts

I’m curious as to whether they finally got everything all figured out?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
dang ... bad time to deal w/ AC issue and it's worst if it's in Houston (or gulf coast) area. Do you know what's the problem?

Your thread can get a lot of attention if you include some photos or vids of your issue.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I too hope this isn't an omen. I was told my ride would be delivered in September. Just this Saturday I got an e-mail my car would be in by the end of this week! I just hope the plant isn't rushing things through just to get deliveries. I want my car, but I don't want problems a whole lot more!
When did you order your Ascent? I ordered on 7/10 and also received a September estimate for delivery.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
3 strikes for lemon law, does new york have lemon law?
I would imagine to qualified for lemon law, his service receipts would have to be itemized (or w/ adequate description of service). Or else, the court (or mediator) may see it as regular maintenance thing. If anybody can afford (time or money) to pursue legal action, make sure you have adequate paper work.

I've heard of successful lemon car claim but it's mostly luck because dealer/corporation fight back and they have legal team behind them. I would do the same bet because most people are oblivious to paperwork. If you don't have proper documentation, you're screwed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts