Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ascent seems to be blowing very little A/C on the passenger side of the car. Even when I have the fan setting hight, medium or low the passenger side seems to blow much slower than the driver side, has anyone else witnessed this. Does the Ascent have two A/C Blowers for each side? I’m wondering because a couple weeks ago I had a burning electrical (like a motor or something went out) but couldn’t pin point the smell and at the time everything seemed to have work...until now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you have dual climate control there has to be an electrical component to modulate the passenger temperature independent of the driver setting. With the previous electrical smell, I would have the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking that but would it control the fan speed? With the front controls you can choose different temps for the passenger but the fan speed is the same for both I though.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I was thinking that but would it control the fan speed? With the front controls you can choose different temps for the passenger but the fan speed is the same for both I though.
Mine appears to have same fan speed on either side; I can only change the temp.

It’s my first car with dual temp control. I would imagine designing a dual temp control system having two different variables, fan speed and temp, is over complicated. Therefore I think there’s something wrong with your Air duct system, it’s partially closed or diverted when it’s not supposed to

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am not saying this is your problem or even if this is how Subaru executes dual climate control...but my Ford Flex has “mixing doors” for each passenger. The passenger side mixing door motor/solenoid assembly failed twice. Luckily I found through an online post how to change this assembly by dropping the global box. The symptoms were similar to yours in that you could feel no AC because the door was stuck in the closed position. Many manufacturers use this approach.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not saying this is your problem or even if this is how Subaru executes dual climate control...but my Ford Flex has “mixing doors” for each passenger. The passenger side mixing door motor/solenoid assembly failed twice. Luckily I found through an online post how to change this assembly by dropping the global box. The symptoms were similar to yours in that you could feel no AC because the door was stuck in the closed position. Many manufacturers use this approach.
I’ll give you an answer on how it works early next week! I’m dropping off our Ascent tomorrow morning for repair.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Any updates? I had a burning smell this morning followed by reduced air flow in the front. Fan has a different rumble sound about it.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
:( That sucks. Glad you figured it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.