Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MEET MY ASCENT AND I ON MY 8,394 MILE ROAD TRIP
If you've got a Subie, or if you DON'T have a Subie, come meet me along the way! Join a meet-up, or join a cruise portion of the trip!

THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NEVER OWNED A SUBIE:
Come see the amazing beast that's carrying me on this 8,000+ mile #AscentAdventure! It's great to see a new Subaru in the dealership, but, you can also come out to see what a WELL USED Subaru Ascent looks like after many beach, and off-roading adventures at the 30,000 mile mark. See in person why I love my Ascent so much!!!
And, follow along for whatever leg of the trip you can! And if you've got a photogenic car, I'd be glad to photog it at some of the scenic stops... I'm not a car snob... too many to love!

THOSE OF YOU WHO OWN A SUBIE:
Let's make a Subie Adventure out of it!!! Besides the meets and cruises and factory tour, there will be off-roading (National Parks Pass/access required) and many photo ops (and I've got the cameras). Grab your favorite Subaru, and your off-road gear, and meet us along the way!!!

TENTATIVE ROAD TRIP SCHEDULE:
  • 8/3 @ 10AM: Pikes Peak, Colorado
  • 8/3 @ Noon: Garden of the Gods, Colorado
  • 8/3 @ 1PM-2PM: Cruise to Loveland Pass/Continental Divide (photo ops with YOUR cars) (Colorado).
  • 8/6 @ 7pm: (New Owner Meet) Phoenix (and possibly showing off some towing prowess of the Ascent)
  • 8/7-8/8: (Subie Cruise) Southern California (including a drive to Sequoia National Park, then Death Valley, may include overnight camping event)
  • 8/10: [POSSIBLY] (TBD) (New and Potential Owner Meet) Mark Miller Subaru, Salt Lake City, UT
  • 8/13 @ noon: (Subie Meet) Cedar Rapids, IA
  • 8/14 @ 10AM: FREE Factory Tour of Subaru of Indiana Automotive
More stops coming!!!
https://maps.roadtrippers.com/?a2=t!25384744&lat=35.53618934927698&lng=-111.96916802906287&utm_campaign=trip&utm_medium=share&utm_source=copy&z=5.4358072901495555

#Subaru #SubaruAmbassador #SubaruAmbassadorRobert #SubaruofAmerica Subaru of America, Inc. #AscentAdvenure #NationalParks #SubaruAscent

UPDATED INFO ABOVE:

Here's my planned 8,009 mile #AscentAdventure road trip for the first half of August (I also have a shorter one planned for the second half). Click on the Map View (shows up on computer/tablet only) to see what dates I will be where, so you can come out and meet me along the way!

My #Subaru Ascent is about to break 27,000 miles (within a few days) and will have broken 28,000 by the time I start the trip.

By the time I am done with August, I expect to have broken 36,000 fun filled miles on my Subaru Ascent Touring!!!

I will be stopping at Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc. on August 14th for a Subaru of Indiana Automotive Free Factory Tour ⇦ click link to see how to join me there), and then do a couple more stops, and pass by the Subaru of America, Inc. HQ in Camden on Sunday, August 18th, on my way home. Maybe I will swing by Liberty Subaru, Inc., Emerson, NJ, where I bought my beautiful Ascent, if I make it back Saturday, instead. Always love visiting @Liberty Subaru !!!

I hope to meet a lot of you along the way!!! Drop by along the route to say hi, OR, tag along for a few (or few hundred) miles!!!

And, I hope to have a car full of Subie Swag as well!!

#SubaruAmbassador #SubaruAmbassadorRobert #SubaruAscent

I may be contacting @Discount Tire for another set of tires before the fall at this rate, lol!!! ?

Oh, when I get back, I tow the 4,395 pound GVWR 2011 Heartland Edge M18 through the Catskills and Adirondacks for my second August road trip. ;):)

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a lot of fun. FYI the link worked fine on my iPad.
Awesome! I think it probably works well on anything big. On my phone, I only get a mobile version of it, probably because it's not wide enough.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, a few more great suggestions from over on FB, which, if time permits, will add another 300 miles to the trip!!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Definitely look me up when you're in Phoenix!

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here's my planned 8,009 mile #AscentAdventure road trip for the first half of August (I also have a shorter one planned for the second half). Click on the Map View (shows up on computer/tablet only) to see what dates I will be where, so you can come out and meet me along the way!

My #Subaru Ascent is about to break 27,000 miles (within a few days) and will have broken 28,000 by the time I start the trip.

By the time I am done with August, I expect to have broken 36,000 fun filled miles on my Subaru Ascent Touring!!!

I will be stopping at Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc. on August 14th for a Subaru of Indiana Automotive Free Factory Tour ⇦ click link to see how to join me there), and then do a couple more stops, and pass by the Subaru of America, Inc. HQ in Camden on Sunday, August 18th, on my way home. Maybe I will swing by Liberty Subaru, Inc., Emerson, NJ, where I bought my beautiful Ascent, if I make it back Saturday, instead. Always love visiting @Liberty Subaru !!!

I hope to meet a lot of you along the way!!! Drop by along the route to say hi, OR, tag along for a few (or few hundred) miles!!!

And, I hope to have a car full of Subie Swag as well!!

#SubaruAmbassador #SubaruAmbassadorRobert #SubaruAscent

I may be contacting @Discount Tire for another set of tires before the fall at this rate, lol!!! ?

Oh, when I get back, I tow the 4,395 pound GVWR 2011 Heartland Edge M18 through the Catskills and Adirondacks for my second August road trip. ;):)
Y'all need to get up to Washington, every other car here is a Subie! Or Portland at the very least, amazing food in that town.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Y'all need to get up to Washington, every other car here is a Subie! Or Portland at the very least, amazing food in that town.
I'm going to need to make a separate trip for Washington and more of Oregon. Probably hit Toronto as well.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you pick carwashes along the way or planning on saving all 8k mi of road grime for the end?
LOL, debating that.

I will hit a few before the on road photos, and if I get a mud day, I'm keeping that on for some adventure photos.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Looks great! Have an awesome time!

So jealous, can't wait to do this kind of thing myself, but not enough time until after retirement. Planning now though for future fun.

Keep us up to date. Hope you can post a bit on the road. Also looking forward to your towing report after you haul the Heartland M18. That'll be a reliable benchmark for Ascent towing capabilities.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great! Have an awesome time!

So jealous, can't wait to do this kind of thing myself, but not enough time until after retirement. Planning now though for future fun.

Keep us up to date. Hope you can post a bit on the road. Also looking forward to your towing report after you haul the Heartland M18. That'll be a reliable benchmark for Ascent towing capabilities.
I've towed it before. Just not through two mountain ranges. ;)

If you're along the route, spend a part of the day or so tagging along or getting lunch or whatever.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I've towed it before. Just not through two mountain ranges. ;)

If you're along the route, spend a part of the day or so tagging along or getting lunch or whatever.
I'm up north of you and you're heading west, so I'm not along this route, but this is exactly kind of route I'll be taking after I buy my travel trailer.

When you return and haul that M18 through two mountain ranges, that'll be one of the best reports available on towing a 3500+ lb class travel trailer with an Ascent by someone who knows the Ascent as best as possible. Valuable info for me as I plan to haul mine across the US and Canada.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm up north of you and you're heading west, so I'm not along this route, but this is exactly kind of route I'll be taking after I buy my travel trailer.

When you return and haul that M18 through two mountain ranges, that'll be one of the best reports available on towing a 3500+ lb class travel trailer with an Ascent by someone who knows the Ascent as best as possible. Valuable info for me as I plan to haul mine across the US and Canada.
If I buy one, I am looking at about 3,900-4,100 pounds full GVWR. Alas, I cannot afford to buy one yet, since I just bought the Ascent, and, the Heartland Edge will be on loan from my best friend. But, I doubt this will be the last trip with it either.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, so, so far, I've got Meets & Greets and Cruises in:
  • 8/6: (New Owner Meet) Phoenix (and possibly showing off some towing prowess of the Ascent)
  • 8/7-8/8: (Subie Cruise) Southern California (including a drive to Sequoia National Park, then Death Valley, may include overnight camping event)
  • 8/10: [POSSIBLY] (New and Potential Owner Meet) Mark Miller Subaru
  • 8/13: (Subie Meet) Cedar Rapids, IA
  • 8/14: (Factory Tour) Subaru of Indiana Automotive
More dates and stops to come!!!

IF YOU DO NOT OWN A SUBARU YET:
You are STILL welcome to visit! Check out my Ascent! Follow my adventures on my FB page. Drive along to/through the national parks your vehicle is capable of handling.

IF YOU DO OWN A SUBARU:
Come along on a leg of the journey, or, let's get together a meet and greet with your local Subaru club!!! Follow my adventures on my FB page. Drive along to/through the national parks with your Subie!

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MEET MY ASCENT AND I ON MY 8,394 MILE ROAD TRIP
If you've got a Subie, or if you DON'T have a Subie, come meet me along the way! Join a meet-up, or join a cruise portion of the trip!

THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NEVER OWNED A SUBIE:
Come see the amazing beast that's carrying me on this 8,000+ mile #AscentAdventure! It's great to see a new Subaru in the dealership, but, you can also come out to see what a WELL USED Subaru Ascent looks like after many beach, and off-roading adventures at the 30,000 mile mark. See in person why I love my Ascent so much!!!
And, follow along for whatever leg of the trip you can! And if you've got a photogenic car, I'd be glad to photog it at some of the scenic stops... I'm not a car snob... too many to love!

THOSE OF YOU WHO OWN A SUBIE:
Let's make a Subie Adventure out of it!!! Besides the meets and cruises and factory tour, there will be off-roading (National Parks Pass/access required) and many photo ops (and I've got the cameras). Grab your favorite Subaru, and your off-road gear, and meet us along the way!!!

TENTATIVE ROAD TRIP SCHEDULE:
  • 8/3 @ 10AM: Pikes Peak, Colorado
  • 8/3 @ Noon: Garden of the Gods, Colorado
  • 8/3 @ 1PM-2PM: Cruise to Loveland Pass/Continental Divide (photo ops with YOUR cars) (Colorado).
  • 8/6 @ 7pm: (New Owner Meet) Phoenix (and possibly showing off some towing prowess of the Ascent)
  • 8/10: [POSSIBLY] (TBD) (New and Potential Owner Meet) Mark Miller Subaru, Salt Lake City, UT
  • 8/13 @ noon: (Subie Meet) Cedar Rapids, IA
  • 8/14 @ 10AM: FREE Factory Tour of Subaru of Indiana Automotive

More stops coming!!!
https://maps.roadtrippers.com/?a2=t!25384744&lat=35.53618934927698&lng=-111.96916802906287&utm_campaign=trip&utm_medium=share&utm_source=copy&z=5.4358072901495555

#Subaru #SubaruAmbassador #SubaruAmbassadorRobert #SubaruofAmerica Subaru of America, Inc. #AscentAdvenure #NationalParks #SubaruAscent

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Robert-make sure you change the oil at least once along the way -have a great time-love the itinerary-jeff
I already pre-scheduled my 6,000 mile oil change and tire rotation at Tom Wood Subaru in Indiana. :D (y)

They were nice enough to accommodate me, and reserve me a spot, so I can get in, get things done, and get back on the road.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We are towing a 2,800 lbs boat with our Ascent. I'll look for you in Salt Lake City to share towing experiences. So far, I'm very happy with the Ascent.
Awesome! I am still waiting for Mark Miller Subaru to get back to me, but, if they don't, I still plan on getting breakfast in the area, and meeting anyone who wants to come out. Maybe we can all hit a diner or something.

ETA to SLC: August 10th, 8am.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts