Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent Touring
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back w subaru again. Both new cars arriving on 12/25! My son is buying is very first new car on his own, so pretty excited, both kids worked their way through all our old Subarus from the 98 Outback on. It just worked out that we needed them at the same time. I think it’s time he starts doing his own oil changes too!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Looks like our histories probably overlaps quite a bit! Our Subaru history doesn't go nearly as far back as yours, but my '05 LGT (below) was my first (and the second in the family, with the wife's '05 WRX being the first). My '19 Ascent is our 8th, and my wife's '19 WRX is our 9th.

Tire Wheel Mode of transport Vehicle Land vehicle

My daughter will start driving next year, and even though I want her in the APC, she's eying the Forester Sport and Crosstrek......

That or her mom's WRX.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent Touring
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the 98 Outback was everyone’s favorite car we have ever had hands down. Even our babysitter wanted to drive it. It was my older kid’s first car. He totaled it :-( but it had 130k miles, a new clutch and head gasket and that’s it.
looking forward to the Ascent later this week!

Reactions: TSiWRX

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nice Scoobydoski.

I am on my 7th's Subaru! (when counting my wife's Subaru's too). I started with a 98 Legacy 2.5 GT and my wife (GF at the time) started with a 2000 Impreza 2.5RS. Now we have a 19 Ascent Touring and a 20 Legacy XT.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
212 Posts
I'm only on my 3rd, but my first 2 seem to be the "old timers" in the group.
'85 GL coupe
'90 Legacy Wagon
Sold the first to buy the 2nd. Sold the 2nd to move to NYC (worst car-related mistake I ever made).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts