Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to a tight schedule, I can't make the long trip to my Subaru dealer for service anytime soon, but I am due for the 6k service. I'm going to get it done at my local Honda dealer instead. Should this be okay? They say they can look up the service specs in their computer system and do it how Subaru says to do it.

Is there anything I should tell them specifically? I think it takes 0w20 synthetic, and the lug nut torque should be 88 to 110 ft-lbs. But what is the recommended tire rotation pattern? Anything else I should tell them?

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,160 Posts
Yes, the Honda dealer can do it. It even takes the same oil filter that most or all Hondas do. They just need to use 0W-20 and rotate the tires. The rotation pattern is in the owner's manual -- it's a modified cross pattern...pretty typical.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
Due to a tight schedule, I can't make the long trip to my Subaru dealer for service anytime soon, but I am due for the 6k service. I'm going to get it done at my local Honda dealer instead. Should this be okay? They say they can look up the service specs in their computer system and do it how Subaru says to do it.

Is there anything I should tell them specifically? I think it takes 0w20 synthetic, and the lug nut torque should be 88 to 110 ft-lbs. But what is the recommended tire rotation pattern? Anything else I should tell them?
Make sure they drain the engine oil and not the transmission fluid. This has happened at non-Subaru service departments.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 3 of 3 Posts