Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
We haven't tried a car seat in the 3rd row yet, but I know when we've got 2 in the middle row just getting anyone in the 3rd row is tricky. We have to move the front passenger seat all the way up, as well as it leaning forward quite a bit, in order for the 2nd row with carseat behind it to be able to move up enough in order for there to be room to squeeze someone into the 3rd row. I guess if there's already a car seat installed back there, than it would definitely be possible for someone to crawl back there with the child, or pass the kid to someone already sitting next to their car seat and they can help buckle the child in. I wish our front passenger seat had the option for manually pushing it forward quickly, but at least in our Limited it's a power seat, so we have to slowly move that seat up enough to then proceed with the rest of the entry. We LOVE our Ascent, but though we've traveled with 6 and 7 fairly often, that 3rd row access is always tricky. Wish their was an extra mini door for the 3rd row passenger side. (and I've had our teens crawl out the back tailgate since it's quicker and easier that way if there are car seats in the middle row)

We haven't tried a car seat in the 3rd row yet, but I know when we've got 2 in the middle row just getting anyone in the 3rd row is tricky. We have to move the front passenger seat all the way up, as well as it leaning forward quite a bit, in order for the 2nd row with carseat behind it to be able to move up enough in order for there to be room to squeeze someone into the 3rd row.
And by the time you get everyone in and buckled, the 3rd row occupant starts screaming that they need to go potty.

Wish their was an extra mini door for the 3rd row passenger side. (and I've had our teens crawl out the back tailgate since it's quicker and easier that way if there are car seats in the middle row)
Can you go in from the hatch and reach over the seat to buckle a rear facing child in the 3rd row?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.