Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we took delivery of our Ascent Touring in September after an 8 week wait. We just recently returned from an extended cross country trip. The Ascent performed beautifully! The ride was terrific. My wife loves the driver assists functions, and on one of her 400 mile legs, she claims to have only had to hit the brakes twice!! It really was an enjoyable 12 hour drive, both directions. We still haven't seen even a handful of Ascents on the road, and we are still getting lots of questions at parking lots and gas stations. I have not been crazy about keeping exact gas milage figures anymore, but I feel that had we wanted to push the envelop, and we don't, we could have made 450 miles on a tank. This was in a fully loaded car, second row captain seats folded down, and a months worth of luggage and necessities, piled in front to back, up passed some of the windows. Over Thanksgiving, we piled 5 large adults and a baby into the Ascent, along with all the things that come with a baby, plus food and drinks. Again the ride, power and roominess, not to mention the extra data ports, made for a wonderful trip with the whole family. It was nice that we were together and comfortable. They were very happy to be able to extend their legs between the captains chairs. The automatic brightlite thing is not quite fast enough to dim for me, but that was an easy fix...all in all. we love the car even more!!!! Two more long trips coming up, and we are looking forward to them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts