Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, believe it or not...

We drove from Rockwall, TX to Gilmer, a small town about 100 miles east.

Gassed up at Costco in Rockwall with regular unleaded gas and took off...

And got 50 mpg. Once in Gilmer where more time was spent idling while making phone calls and such, it dropped to 45. The exact return trip was 45, where we filled up at Costco again before going home.

Anybody else have similar happen?

Forgot to say--2019 Premium Ascent with about 13K miles on her

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Am I reading this correctly? You gassed up in Rockwall, drove 200 miles (to Gilmer and back), gassed up at Rockwall again and it took 4 gallons?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm finding this one a little bit suspicious. Although I am jealous of anybody that can get better than the 23 MPG on the highway that I usually get.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's easy, follow this procedure:
1) Repeat the trip but also check gallons as recorded by the fuel pump, not just the car.
2) If you are getting 50mpg for real and the numbers check out, immediately sell the car to ME!

·
Registered
113 Posts
speed is critical my jeep wrangler got 35mpg 38 mph in 6th gear (manual) got that for 20 miles while in the slow lane just to prove a point to my kids--its a dad thing

you can get amazing mpg with cvt low speed flat road where i live now in KY its bunch of rolling hills and mountains ain't good for the mpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
So, believe it or not...

We drove from Rockwall, TX to Gilmer, a small town about 100 miles east.

Gassed up at Costco in Rockwall with regular unleaded gas and took off...

And got 50 mpg. Once in Gilmer where more time was spent idling while making phone calls and such, it dropped to 45. The exact return trip was 45, where we filled up at Costco again before going home.

Anybody else have similar happen?

Forgot to say--2019 Premium Ascent with about 13K miles on her
Impossible. Your math is suspect.

·
Administrator
790 Posts
Closing thread.

OP never defended his initial stance....

Reactions: xydadx3
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.