Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for a few weeks, I've noticed in my app that it refers to a 4yr 60k mile warranty on our Ascent (picked up 7/20) and not the standard 3yr 36k mile . Today I got a letter thanking me for my purchase of the 4yr 60,000 mile Added Security extended plan from Subaru. On the back gave some details and shows that you "total charges" of $0.

I'm so confused. Is this standard and I just didn't know? Could Subaru or the dealership have gifted us a slightly extended warranty?

Attachments

· Administrator
13,223 Posts
So for a few weeks, I've noticed in my app that it refers to a 4yr 60k mile warranty on our Ascent (picked up 7/20) and not the standard 3yr 36k mile . Today I got a letter thanking me for my purchase of the 4yr 60,000 mile Added Security extended plan from Subaru. On the back gave some details and shows that you "total charges" of $0.

I'm so confused. Is this standard and I just didn't know? Could Subaru or the dealership have gifted us a slightly extended warranty?
NOT standard. Thank your dealer, lol! :grin: :tango_face_wink:

· Administrator
13,223 Posts
So, isn't it a 3/36 bumper - bumper 5/60 powertrain? So, just an extended B-B? Pretty nice of the dealer to give you something you already have!
An extra year, and an extra 24,000 miles can be very helpful. I'm already at 4,100+ miles on mine, so that extra 24,000 miles would mean a LOT to me. YMMV.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Received this also & thought it was part of the standard vehicle warranty & roadside assist package. What have others received for notices? or show in My Subaru under added security banner?
Really? Did you also get a letter? Same terms?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got some good info at the dealer today. I had a service appt for door edge guard install. It took 4 people, but finally found out that when they meet their sales quotas, customers get randomly selected by computer for this upgraded warranty as a gift. So yes gift from the dealer, but not intentionally for me. I'll take it! Especially since door edge guards were annoyingly expensive. My almost 5yo gets in and out himself - had to take measures to prevent damage to other cars with these big doors!

· Registered
29 Posts
Received this also & thought it was part of the standard vehicle warranty & roadside assist package. What have others received for notices? or show in My Subaru under added security banner?
Really? Did you also get a letter? Same terms?
Got some good info at the dealer today. I had a service appt for door edge guard install. It took 4 people, but finally found out that when they meet their sales quotas, customers get randomly selected by computer for this upgraded warranty as a gift. So yes gift from the dealer, but not intentionally for me. I'll take it! Especially since door edge guards were annoyingly expensive. My almost 5yo gets in and out himself - had to take measures to prevent damage to other cars with these big doors!
Yes, thought it was odd that it wasn't 3yrs/36,000 but now with your added info I guess my dealer also made their quota. Small add in coverage but nice to have.

· Registered
5 Posts
So is this 4\60 bumper to bumper something we should be asking for free? How much is it worth?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.