Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fourth Subaru (2 Legacy, 1 Outback) and now a new 2021 Ascent Touring (it's B-Day is 12-Feb)!

And here's my first question (I did search first) :)

I am in NY, and even though I don't have any locations defined, and have the vehicle set to "use current location" (I think), it shows Norwalk, CT on the upper screen for the weather?

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Any suggestion
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Fourth Subaru (2 Legacy, 1 Outback) and now a new 2021 Ascent Touring (it's B-Day is 12-Feb)!

And here's my first question (I did search first) :)

I am in NY, and even though I don't have any locations defined, and have the vehicle set to "use current location" (I think), it shows Norwalk, CT on the upper screen for the weather?

View attachment 7246

Any suggestion
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep - saw that in my initial search, but it doesn't change to my current location - I assure you that I am not in Norwalk, CT :)

The map is working fine - and if I scroll in the upper monitor, it shows exactly where I am, just not the weather app.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,828 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new Ascent!

The weather in the upper display is provided by XM and it's not very granular relative to location...I'm in SE PA, but it always picks Princeton NJ. While the weather isn't all that different over 30 miles, it's still not correct, especially with temps. So...I never look at that screen given I have accurate weather on my wrist (AppleWatch) and on my iPhone at a simple glance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome and congrats on your new Ascent!

The weather in the upper display is provided by XM and it's not very granular relative to location...I'm in SE PA, but it always picks Princeton NJ. While the weather isn't all that different over 30 miles, it's still not correct, especially with temps. So...I never look at that screen given I have accurate weather on my wrist (AppleWatch) and on my iPhone at a simple glance.
Geez....another thing SXM does poorly 😳.
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts