Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent Premium Abyss Blue
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Picked up a 2021 Subaru Ascent Premium in Abyss Blue last month which is my 3rd Subaru. First time buying a brand new car. Have a 2007 Outback (not sure if I am keeping) and previously had a 1998 legacy outback along with a few other older sports cars.
Family is growing so my wife and I decided we wanted a bigger car. So far have put about 1k miles on it and we love it so far.

For now we just purchased a pet hammock cover for the 3rd row which our Australian Shepherd sits and also these covers that hang next to the windows to protect the panels from his nails. Also will probably need to find some seatbelt plugs since randomly it detects my dog on another seat and starts beeping.

Middle row has our 2 car seats and loving that there is still a ton of space.

Couple things I am trying to find are a clip on rear view mirror that clears the homelink buttons. I've always had one on my cars and not use to seeing cars in the standard mirror. Also looking for best options for roof rack/cross bars/cargobox.

Looking forward to learning more on this forum!

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
219 Posts
Do you have the OEM crossbars? If so, what are your plans for them? If not, do you have a cargo box already? What are your needs for one?

We have the OEM crossbars and a Thule Force XL that has an 18 cu ft capacity and load rating pretty much the same as the crossbars. I think unless you're doing something crazy, or putting lots of different stuff up there (cargo, bikes, kayaks) then you probably don't need anything more than that. We also have a hitch mounted cargo basket for tall stuff as needed.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
374 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! We've had 2 car seats in the 2nd row of ours quite a few times with 2 teens in the 3rd, and everyone is happy and comfy. And we've filled 7 of the 8 seats on 2 occasions, which was also easily doable. Only slight hassle is if you've got 2 car seats in the middle row, it's a bit of a pain for others to get in and out of the 3rd. Have to move front passenger seat up quite a bit to make room for 2nd row to move up quite a bit in order to access the 3rd. But once everyone is in and settle it's great and we totally love it!

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
374 Posts
I wonder if there's any cars out there that have ever tried 3 doors for the 3 rows? Probably not doable unless they're pretty tiny doors, but sure would be nice for 3rd row to have its own access, at least on one side. One of our teen girls will often climb out the back if she's in the 3rd row and is the only one getting out, which definitely is easier than having to move up 2 rows (if we've got a 2nd carseat in there) in order to get out the door.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,880 Posts
I wonder if there's any cars out there that have ever tried 3 doors for the 3 rows? Probably not doable unless they're pretty tiny doors, but sure would be nice for 3rd row to have its own access, at least on one side.
That would take both major engineering as well as lengthening the body and wheelbase to accomplish for space, structural and crash protection reasons. You'd be creating a "stretch limo" type thing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts