Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a '21 Ascent this past week and absolutely love the car. I drove two generations of Outback before this and thankfully the 2018 is going to my partner and I get to keep tinkering on it! Main motivations for upgrading were space, towing capacity, and a turbo - we live in Montana and do a good bit of driving and a turbo really helps with the altitude.

I do have a few questions if anyone's so inclined. I had put several upgrades on my Outback and hope to make similar ones on the Ascent - one of these was wheels and tires. Like a lot of Subaru fans I have Method MR502s in 17x8 and have seen mixed info on if these will fit the Ascent. The other part is how far up I could go up in tire size before rubbing - I'm guessing something like a 245/65/R17 would fit, but is there enough more clearance over the Outback to get bigger in those dimensions?

Thanks for any input!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,877 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

There are existing answers to your wheel and tire questions in the Wheel and Tire forum area. There are only a few 17s that will wok with the Ascent...they not only have to be rated for the load but they have to be able to clear the brake calipers. Some folks up-size tires, but there are limits on that like any SUV and there are associated disadvantages like the cost of. a new spare of the same diameter, inaccuracies in speedo/odo, etc.

Reactions: HeyChris
1 - 3 of 3 Posts