Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone get a picture of where the 3rd row USB ports are in relation to the cupholders/side walls? And if anyone has chosen the option to get the extra (7th and 8th) USB charging ports, can you show where they are located? If you didn't order or have them installed, is there a place already there for the DYIer? Just curious and thought about adding the extra set to our Touring order. Thanks!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Drivers side, 3rd row where there is a circle that looks like something goes there... I don't know why they don't have a fill for that when the USB isn't there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm...yeah, I've see that circle indentation. That's weird.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can someone get a picture of where the 3rd row USB ports are in relation to the cupholders/side walls? And if anyone has chosen the option to get the extra (7th and 8th) USB charging ports, can you show where they are located? If you didn't order or have them installed, is there a place already there for the DYIer? Just curious and thought about adding the extra set to our Touring order. Thanks!
I'm told it's not a DYI install and after looking at the instructions, I'd agree. It's more than pull panel, cut hole, install ports, plug into jack. You gotta take out seats and shiz ...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm told it's not a DYI install and after looking at the instructions, I'd agree. It's more than pull panel, cut hole, install ports, plug into jack. You gotta take out seats and shiz ...
Thanks! Not sure if I'd really need it, but if I ordered them and port installed, it might be a good selling point if I decided to sell in the far distant future.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm beginning to think it's easier to buy extra long USB cables and run them from the passenger side on the 3rd row over to the driver's side.
That's exactly what I did. I think I had a 10' one and then just ran it behind the seats over to other side. That side, I likely will get the extra two dealer installed at some point.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks! Not sure if I'd really need it, but if I ordered them and port installed, it might be a good selling point if I decided to sell in the far distant future.
Meh, not sure that it would get you any more if you sell - 6 is pretty darn good and more than any other that I've been tracking. Honestly, I would've rather had two in front, three in middle and three in the back - one for each passenger. Having two in the second and four in the third is a little odd - though I admit I don't know how you get three in the third because there's no center console back there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Meh, not sure that it would get you any more if you sell - 6 is pretty darn good and more than any other that I've been tracking. Honestly, I would've rather had two in front, three in middle and three in the back - one for each passenger. Having two in the second and four in the third is a little odd - though I admit I don't know how you get three in the third because there's no center console back there.
Agreed, it is odd to have 4 USBs for the back seat (that I'll never sit in). I was just thinking of a potential tailgating scenario where I might have several devices plugged in, but really, I just need to come back to reality. Thanks! I'll probably skip this option now. :smile:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Agreed, it is odd to have 4 USBs for the back seat (that I'll never sit in). I was just thinking of a potential tailgating scenario where I might have several devices plugged in, but really, I just need to come back to reality. Thanks! I'll probably skip this option now. :smile:
Well, while you're b.s'ing, there is that 12v outlet in the hatch area that you could put a 2 USB plug into ha ha ha (as well as the 12v in the front where 2 more could go). So, looks like 12 USB is really the max you could get ... unless you got the 120v option and then you could add another 6 or so there ... ha ha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Taken from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Subaru-Ascent-Charging-H671SXC000-Genuine/dp/B07G4DCFH4)

Can anyone confirm if this is the genuine SOA 3rd Row USB installation? And if so, what is the round indentation you can barely see on the right edge of the photo (just below midpoint, not the square cargo cover slot)? My 2020 doesn't have the 3rd row USB, but it also doesn't have any indentation or knock-out where the USB is installed in the above photo.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
803 Posts
Taken from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Subaru-Ascent-Charging-H671SXC000-Genuine/dp/B07G4DCFH4)

Can anyone confirm if this is the genuine SOA 3rd Row USB installation? And if so, what is the round indentation you can barely see on the right edge of the photo (just below midpoint, not the square cargo cover slot)? My 2020 doesn't have the 3rd row USB, but it also doesn't have any indentation or knock-out where the USB is installed in the above photo.
My 2019 Limited has the 2 rear seat USB ports on the passenger side in a shelf cut out, see my photo.

Your photo shows them on the driver's side and looks pretty DYI to me.

The round object on the edge of your photo is the zone 3 temperature sensor.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

That is a real Subaru accessory (H671SXC000).

The round indentation you're asking about is a rear temperature sensor for the HVAC system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.