Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living out the sticks has its downside with you don't drive much in lockdown. Just discovered that a mouse had gotten into my often parked 2019 Ascent and chewed on my 3rd row seat as it usually stays down. Can any one advise how to source a replacement ? And how to go about doing it ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Have you considered a local upholstery shop to repair it? A replacement may be very expensive. The seat will have to come out either way. After removing the trunk liner the rear bolts for the seat are exposed. The front bolts you can bend the cover trim up and over to get a socket on them to remove. Search for a couple of other threads here discussing the 3rd row seat removal if you need to .

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
The seat can be disassembled, and parts ordered individually (eg: new cover, no frame, etc). Your dealership can help you find the correct part numbers. That may be cheaper than a junkyard seat, but will require a little labor. It also may be more expensive. I've seen people make some great junkyard finds, and I've seen some junkyards selling at prices really near the "brand new" price.

(short version: I'd shop around for the parts and compare to the price of a whole seat from a junkyard - if you can do the labor yourself)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts