Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread in 2017 that concluded the third row is not removable but I haven't found the reason why. Maybe it's difficult. But that hasn't stopped me from doing lots of other things.

·
Registered
542 Posts
There was a thread in 2017 that concluded the third row is not removable but I haven't found the reason why. Maybe it's difficult. But that hasn't stopped me from doing lots of other things.
Everything is removable with a sawzall ?

But seriously, I don’t see why not, just have to find the right bolts to loosen.

I removed the flip up seats bottoms on my truck to have additional space since no one sits back there. Gained maybe 3-4 cubic feet of storage.

What do you intend to do with the awkwardly shaped void? The 3rd row seat back provides a flat cargo area.

Probably easier to remove the second row and give the third row tons of leg room and lots of cargo options with an easy access door

·
Registered
35 Posts
Third row is removable. 4 bolts on the back, 3 on the front. (I think 14 mm socket).
You have to remove the compartment behind the 3rd seat to get access to those bolts. Front ones just have a plastic cover to pop off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just curious. Why do you want to remove the third row? It looks like you will expose easily damaged parts. Will you custom build covers for these and if you do, please send us a picture.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm still toying with the idea of removing the second row to provide a nice space for dogs. Leaving the 3rd row will allow me to haul around some people once in a while. I saw some bolts holding the seats to the tracks. They look difficult to reach. I also don't know what type of electronics might be affected (airbags, etc?). My wife doesn't want me to mess anything up, so I'm waiting for somebody else to do it successfully first. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm still toying with the idea of removing the second row to provide a nice space for dogs. Leaving the 3rd row will allow me to haul around some people once in a while. I saw some bolts holding the seats to the tracks. They look difficult to reach. I also don't know what type of electronics might be affected (airbags, etc?). My wife doesn't want me to mess anything up, so I'm waiting for somebody else to do it successfully first. :)
Did you remove the seats?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts