Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d searched/seen some discussion on doing this, but had not seen anything taken to completion.
Shortly after getting our Touring, I removed the rear storage compartment (pops out) and unbolted the rear seat (7 bolts). Cut a couple pcs of 1/4” plywood to size and added some wood spacers to the underside to raise above the insulated tubing on the left. Covered with marine grade vinyl that wipes down easy for cleaning. Will eventually add a bikes fork mount but this will be a separate removable board that would sit directly behind the captains chairs. We mostly carry the bikes outside, but on long trips like them more secure inside.

The jack and tools have wrapped in towels and fit nicely in a depressed area under the gear deck at the very rear of the car.

Anyway, 1st time Sub owner, 1st time poster. Yay!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Very clean looking setup!

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is a fantastic mod. We're thinking about a loooong trip to Alaska. Of course normally we would need the third row for occasional grandkid duty. Once you've made all the parts, how long would it take to convert back and forth?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The photos were lost during the forum migration to the new software. The OP will need to repost them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’d searched/seen some discussion on doing this, but had not seen anything taken to completion.
Shortly after getting our Touring, I removed the rear storage compartment (pops out) and unbolted the rear seat (7 bolts). Cut a couple pcs of 1/4” plywood to size and added some wood spacers to the underside to raise above the insulated tubing on the left. Covered with marine grade vinyl that wipes down easy for cleaning. Will eventually add a bikes fork mount but this will be a separate removable board that would sit directly behind the captains chairs. We mostly carry the bikes outside, but on long trips like them more secure inside.

The jack and tools have wrapped in towels and fit nicely in a depressed area under the gear deck at the very rear of the car.

Anyway, 1st time Sub owner, 1st time poster. Yay!
Would you repost the pics, please? I can't seem to find them and someone said all pics had been lost with the switch to the new host

1 - 12 of 12 Posts