Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all 3D print hobbyists! I have found some 3D printed suggestions and options so far on this site, but figured that it would be good to put them together to make these things easier to find and help each other out.

My creations:
A console organizer for things that I typically keep in that huge center console. Basically, created a huge block and removed sections for my wallet, work ID, Leatherman and associated tool bits, flashlight, pens, replacement sunglass lenses, various keys, etc.

Phone holder with integrated Qi charger. This is placed just to the right of the drivers knee and just to the left of the shifter. It is within easy reach and can glance down at it relatively quickly if absolutely necessary.

Pictures:
3111- the iPhone X with life proof case holder with Qi charger incorporated.
3112- the top part of the phone holder showing the upper foot and the high strength sticky backing hook and loop (velcro) attaching it to the car.
3114- the console organizer. Looks a bit cramped, but in my mind, it's better than all that stuff just thrown down in there. Work parking pass is on the side, NPS park pass and XM radio channel guide is way in the back.

Who else has 3D printed parts in their Ascent?!

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Touring
10 Posts
Very nice! I have been wanting to make a charging stand for my phone too. Thanks for the inspiration!

·
Registered
480 Posts
That console organizer is pretty awesome! Any thoughts of making some sort of shelf for the glovebox?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice! I have been wanting to make a charging stand for my phone too. Thanks for the inspiration!
My pleasure. Getting the feet right was tough and required a bunch of prints, but it finally came together. I only used two feet, one just to the left of the REVERSE setting, and the other at the notch on the trim as it started going more up than horizontal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That console organizer is pretty awesome! Any thoughts of making some sort of shelf for the glovebox?
I hadn't thought of that. But the glovebox is kinda tight, so I'm not thinking of one right now.

But now that you mention the glove box, since I hardly use the manual, that can probably go in the cargo area to free up more storage that is actually usable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all 3D print hobbyists! I have found some 3D printed suggestions and options so far on this site, but figured that it would be good to put them together to make these things easier to find and help each other out.

My creations:
A console organizer for things that I typically keep in that huge center console. Basically, created a huge block and removed sections for my wallet, work ID, Leatherman and associated tool bits, flashlight, pens, replacement sunglass lenses, various keys, etc.

Phone holder with integrated Qi charger. This is placed just to the right of the drivers knee and just to the left of the shifter. It is within easy reach and can glance down at it relatively quickly if absolutely necessary.

Pictures:
3111- the iPhone X with life proof case holder with Qi charger incorporated.
3112- the top part of the phone holder showing the upper foot and the high strength sticky backing hook and loop (velcro) attaching it to the car.
3114- the console organizer. Looks a bit cramped, but in my mind, it's better than all that stuff just thrown down in there. Work parking pass is on the side, NPS park pass and XM radio channel guide is way in the back.

Who else has 3D printed parts in their Ascent?!

·
Administrator
9,874 Posts
Nice, @MikeW001! And, you just gave me an idea for a singular little button I need to mount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts