Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I created an account just to post these photos. After heavy searching I couldn't find photos of these mats for the Ascent online anywhere - I even emailed the company - so hopefully they help someone make a decision.

Anyway, have a look. Fit and coverage is great except the odd gap behind the centre console...? Maybe an oversight and will be resolved down the road? I do like how they meet up with the various plastic trim pieces so no carpet is exposed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,200 Posts
I just checked partsengine.ca and they didn't have an option to ship to the U.S.; I e-mailed them to see if there's anything they can do.
Cross border shipping from/to Canada of products is pretty expensive because of duties, etc., and many small operators just can't justify it. Bigger firms often setup US distribution centers "just over the line" so they can take advantage of no border crossing for US orders and other supply chain maneuvers to reduce costs, too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cross border shipping from/to Canada of products is pretty expensive because of duties, etc., and many small operators just can't justify it. Bigger firms often setup US distribution centers "just over the line" so they can take advantage of no border crossing for US orders and other supply chain maneuvers to reduce costs, too.
Thanks, I just got confirmation from partsengine.ca that they don't ship to the U.S. I guess we'll have to wait for now :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey everyone. I created an account just to post these photos. After heavy searching I couldn't find photos of these mats for the Ascent online anywhere - I even emailed the company - so hopefully they help someone make a decision.

Anyway, have a look. Fit and coverage is great except the odd gap behind the centre console...? Maybe an oversight and will be resolved down the road? I do like how they meet up with the various plastic trim pieces so no carpet is exposed.

Hello: how can I get these? Which ones are these? I looked on Amazon, not sure which one to choose

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent Premium 8 Seater
9 Posts
can someone tell me how these feel and sound? Are they the hard plastic like feel similar to Husky, Weathertech, and MaxLiner? Or are they a little more rubbery? I hate the idea of having a nice car and then adding a plastic floor!

These do seem to be available at Carid for US shipping.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,278 Posts
I, too, would like to know some subjective impressions of these. We have the stock Subaru all weather mats and I don't particularly care for them. The rubber is just slightly tacky so that it doesn't matter how clean you think your shoes are...you can see a solid footprint mark in them the first time you step on them after cleaning. I'd like a mat that is less prone to this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought them for my 2021. On more than one vendor site I had to look for mats for a 2020 to get results. They also try to insist that the 3D Maxpider Kagu mats are for 2nd Row Captains Chairs only. They fit just fine with my 2nd row bench seat - the central runner slides under the bench and gives me coverage if the 2nd row bench is pushed forward. I suppose I could have left the runner off, too.

They feel much more like a "regular" floor mat than the Weathertechs I have seen. The upper most layer looks and feels like slightly rubberized nylon. The middle layer is some sort of closed cell foam (supposedly offering sound insulation), and the bottom layer is is "carpet" with very long bristles that really lock into the vehicle carpet. There is velcro on the ends of the 2nd row central runner to anchor it tot he 2nd and 3rd row mats. They have not developed the dusty appearance that all of the rubber mats develop.

I got the best shipped price ($244) from Auto accessories Garage, but there are at least 2 other US vendors selling them currently. I am very happy with the fit and appearance. I had the OEM rubber mats, and these cover WAY more of the carpet. They also overlap the plastic door sills, so hoppefully less crud will get under them there. Photos show the 3rd row loose, installed, and detail of the center runner attachment to the 2nd row.

The mats appear black in real life, the gray in the photos are from reflected camera flash.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts