Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are about to buy a magnetite gray/black interior 8 passenger with option package 12, including rear bumper protector, splash guards, auto dimming exterior mirrors and all weather floor mats. We also will have the trailer hitch and crossbars factory installed. I am super excited about what will be my 4th suby. My first was an SVX when and right now my husband and I have two Outbacks. Any advice for a soon-to-be Ascent owner???? I have been fielding offers for about a week and the best quote I have so far is $33,323 not including dealer fees and sales tax.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Excellent deal especially if your are in California and especially good if you’re in Northern California. Good deal regardless. Better than vip pricing as well. Call soa and explain that you had a loyalty rewards coupon from your last subie you never got to use. They will reissue a new one and that will knock another 500-750 off depending. Good look !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, I just joined this morning, to find out more about these vehicles and help in making a wise purchase decision.

This is what we were just offered from our local delaership:

Here is your price quote on the new 2019 Subaru Ascent 7 Passenger Premium Option
Package #12

This Ascent comes with CARR CARE COVERAGE:
Lifetime power-train warranty (unlimited time & mileage)
Plus 10 years roadside assistance

Factory added options on this Ascent:popular Package #2A

COLOR :Crystal White Pearl

VIN #K3452520

MSRP $37,758.00

Your Special Internet Price Quote $33,775.00
Plus total DMV fees & Oregon Privilege Tax

Price $33,775.00
Multnomah County DMV $567.00
Oregon Privilege Tax $168.89

Total $34,510.89 = Out the door price

And they will match the price a Crimson red Premium 7 passenger model, too.

From what I've been seeing, it's kind of the same ball-park as other posts. But I wanted to get your opinions, too.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hey Earl,

Welcome to the forum. One thing to think about regarding the lifetime powertrain warranty is they usually have a "gotcha" saying that all maintenance has to be performed at their specific dealership. I got into a little kerfluffle with my dealership when I bought my 2011 Outback a few years ago because some of the maintenances are "recommended" by the dealership, like the upper engine/carbon cleaner, fuel injector cleaner, etc. Basically, services that add several hundred dollars but are not "required" by the owner's manual. Since this is an individual dealer's warranty - and not the manufacturer's warranty which is different, and you still have the default 5y/60k miles - you're basically at the dealer's mercy for the "lifetime" one. And what happens if the dealership is sold to another company, is it honored?

Lots of things to ponder, but just making sure you're not reading too heavily into the "lifetime" warranty thing. Also, I wouldn't consider the DMV fees in the discussion as they should be standard based off your class and weight of vehicle (SUV) and number of years of registration. For example, NJ requires new cars to have a 5-year registration.

·
Registered
646 Posts
We are about to buy a magnetite gray/black interior 8 passenger with option package 12, including rear bumper protector, splash guards, auto dimming exterior mirrors and all weather floor mats. We also will have the trailer hitch and crossbars factory installed. I am super excited about what will be my 4th suby. My first was an SVX when and right now my husband and I have two Outbacks. Any advice for a soon-to-be Ascent owner???? I have been fielding offers for about a week and the best quote I have so far is $33,323 not including dealer fees and sales tax.
I have the same car and paid 1k more but that was about a year ago so it is a good deal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bought the Magnetite Gray/black premium with the usual stuff everyone has been getting here..auto rear gate, dimming/homelink rearview mirror, etc. mine didn't come with the hitch, all weather mats, and splash guards though...those are easy enough to find online and install. what i did get were the fog lights which can be expensive to buy and install, or time-consuming to install yourself. i'm in NorCal and paid $33,929 before taxes and an extended warranty for peace of mind that pushed the price higher of course.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bought the Magnetite Gray/black premium with the usual stuff everyone has been getting here..auto rear gate, dimming/homelink rearview mirror, etc. mine didn't come with the hitch, all weather mats, and splash guards though...those are easy enough to find online and install. what i did get were the fog lights which can be expensive to buy and install, or time-consuming to install yourself. i'm in NorCal and paid $33,929 before taxes and an extended warranty for peace of mind that pushed the price higher of course.
...this was for the 8 passenger and crossbars were included.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts