Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within reason....

-More steering wheel adjustment. With the amount of seat adjustment this thing has it needs this.
-More wheel options....and to be able to get nicer looking 18" on Limited and Touring. Improves MPG and rides better, plus much better tire options.
-GET RID OF THE MIMIC SHIFTING....YOU'RE KILLING ME HERE.

·
Registered
303 Posts
1). Agree with option to add front / rear camera or something similar.
2). Non-panoramic moonroof / opt-out option. Don’t get me wrong - it’s really nice and kind of a “wow factor” thing when u first see the car, but in all honesty, if it weren’t for the kids requesting it every now and then, I really wouldn’t use it much personally. Maybe because I already feel like I get too much sun and heat exposure here in SoCal. And yeah, I get that other parts of the country might love having it. <shrug> Or maybe more specifically, have the option for navigation *without* having to also get the panoramic moonroof.
3). Adjustable lumbar support height (i.e. the current lumbar support , while nice and appreciated, appears to only be at one pre defined height. Would be nice if you could have it go up or down your spine as desired).

·
Registered
646 Posts
1. I agree remove the simulated shifting
2. Remove the simulated shifting
3. The simulated shifting in the transmission should go away
4. The CVT has some odd wanna be shifting simulated. Get rid of that.
5. The plastic cargo area should be rubber lined so things don't slide.
6. The rear gate should raise higher.

·
Registered
313 Posts
What we've been told by the Subaru and Harmon engineers, wireless CarPlay simply can't happen, there's too much data transfer needed and Bluetooth simply can't handle it.
WiFi direct would be the best way to do it, but obviously that would be more power than Bluetooth and likely one of the reasons they may be avoiding it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
What we've been told by the Subaru and Harmon engineers, wireless CarPlay simply can't happen, there's too much data transfer needed and Bluetooth simply can't handle it.
That is the answer we got as well, yet Mercedes can do it... why can we? Better bluetooth maybe?

·
Registered
978 Posts
1) 8 pass Touring option
This will determine if we buy another Subaru.

2) opt out option on the panoramic roof
They don’t fair well with strap clips dropped on them when loading roof rack.

3) 18in wheels

Call it the Ascent Touring “Adventure” package if you like. It gives Outback owners a upgraded 5 seater option to purchase with out loosing seats.

·
Registered
192 Posts
1) A "back" button on the head unit to toggle directly between radio and CarPlay map (maybe this exists and I just haven't found it...)

2) Side mirrors controlled by profile setting

3) Center console cup holders that "hold" cups, rather than "vaguely embrace" them like strangers trying to be pleasant to one another but really not wanting to hug

·
Registered
24 Posts
1. Ability to unlock rear doors on the handle (only on front two now). Would be very handy for getting kids into car seat while keeping the fob in your pocket.

2. Fix Headunit Issues (disappearing favorites, no album art over Bluetooth, seems to forget what you had on the screen last)

3. Ability to close the rear hatch with the keyfob.

·
Registered
192 Posts
1. Ability to unlock rear doors on the handle (only on front two now). Would be very handy for getting kids into car seat while keeping the fob in your pocket.
This is a customizable feature via the head unit (I think). I changed mine to unlock all doors - it was a huge help!

Reactions: Sigmonster

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those engineers need to go back and do their research.

I have the ilx-107 Alpine head unit that has wireless car play. I play music and the streaming quality is every bit as good as wired. Wireless Carplay uses Wifi instead of Bluetooth to transfer data. They only thing it uses Bluetooth for is to trigger the connection between your phone and the head unit. But believe me as someone who uses it daily, it is more than capable to transfer high data rates.

Here is a link... https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/apple-wireless-carplay-ilx-107

·
Registered
597 Posts
1) The cup holders in the front can be improved and I'm going to include adding more space for the slot under the radio.
2) Rear hatch light should be on the ceiling not the side!!! it is always covered when you need it! This was really hard when packing the car up while camping at night.
3) longer telescoping wheel. It is a bit short and I have had to adjust my seat to make up for it but I'm not quite as comfortable as I could be in the car.

Runner up features that would be nice
-Kick to open hatch this is one of the features I really liked about the other vehicles and is very helpful when your arms are full.
-Folding side mirrors for tight garage spaces. Really helpful in tight parking spaces as well so other doors don't hit them. I tend to park away from people so it isn't a key need.
-Middle third row seat belt should be part of the seat not ceiling which is annoying luckily I will hardly use the middle seat.
-Apparently better sway bar as my son can get motion sick on back roads. Luckily it appears I might be able to fix this but Subaru should look into it!
-More POWER!! No the car is not slow or under powered but I was cross shopping this with a Durango R/T and the Explorer Sport which have a lot more power and well I just like having a lot of power when needed.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.