Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the add... 2021 Ascent Premium was purchased on 18 Dec 2020... traded our 2013 Crosstrek in for something that could tow our boat. Got the hitch package.... WHY SO MANY CUPHOLDER!?!?! LMAO!!!

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
195 Posts
Lol! So many reviews question the # of cup holders but only a few mention that they can be used for more than cups. They are designed in a way that allows for tablets or books to use the space if not every one is rediculously thirsty. In my door cup holders I keep a small spray bottle of windshield washer fluid, a large cup for garbage and a bag of throat lozenges, (I’m allergic to one of our dogs and have constant post nasal drip which tickles my throat, the lozenges help me from seeming like a covid case, lol!) the kids have room for a water bottle, a snack and if we grab a hot choc on the go we’ve still got somewhere to put it!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Lol! So many reviews question the # of cup holders but only a few mention that they can be used for more than cups. They are designed in a way that allows for tablets or books to use the space if not every one is rediculously thirsty. In my door cup holders I keep a small spray bottle of windshield washer fluid, a large cup for garbage and a bag of throat lozenges, (I’m allergic to one of our dogs and have constant post nasal drip which tickles my throat, the lozenges help me from seeming like a covid case, lol!) the kids have room for a water bottle, a snack and if we grab a hot choc on the go we’ve still got somewhere to put it!
One problem I have with the numerous cup holders is forgetting in which one I place a particular item. I have to open all the doors and go on a hunt knowing the item is in one of them. Similarly, just yesterday I found a tool in the driver's door cup holder I had been looking for the last two weeks. I looked in all my tool boxes to no avail. I must have had it in my pocket and removed it as I got in the car so it would not puncture the seat and simply dropped it in the cup holder.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
195 Posts
One problem I have with the numerous cup holders is forgetting in which one I place a particular item. I have to open all the doors and go on a hunt knowing the item is in one of them. Similarly, just yesterday I found a tool in the driver's door cup holder I had been looking for the last two weeks. I looked in all my tool boxes to no avail. I must have had it in my pocket and removed it as I got in the car so it would not puncture the seat and simply dropped it in the cup holder.
But at least you had somewhere to put it!
I’m not the type to be overly organized but I develop a system in my vehicles so I know where everything is.
The Ridgeline was a little easier with its massive console storage and the trunk in the bed for tools, but the underfloor storage, decent console and endless cup holders in the Ascent provide enough room, just spread out more.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
But at least you had somewhere to put it!
I’m not the type to be overly organized but I develop a system in my vehicles so I know where everything is.
The Ridgeline was a little easier with its massive console storage and the trunk in the bed for tools, but the underfloor storage, decent console and endless cup holders in the Ascent provide enough room, just spread out more.
just like in the home... you can never have too many closets.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just bought a 2021 Ascent last week which is my second Subaru. First was a 2020 Outback. Both are fine automobiles. The only think I dont like about the Ascent so far is the ride is a little harsher. The Outback was smooth as glass.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just bought a 2021 Ascent last week which is my second Subaru. First was a 2020 Outback. Both are fine automobiles. The only think I dont like about the Ascent so far is the ride is a little harsher. The Outback was smooth as glass.
Roger that on the Outback. Got one today as a loaner. Smooth. Plus 24mpg.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,162 Posts
I thoroughly enjoyed the Outback loaner I had. I like it at least as much as our Ascent. Maybe next time.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
211 Posts
Wheels?

I felt the same when I had stock 20" wheels with the OEM tires.

Switched to some 18s with (for the winter) Continental Viking Contact 7s and it's buttery smooth now. Will be curious to see how it feels when I swap the winter tires for some ATs (TBD) in the spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts