Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a premium on order, should be here in a few weeks. I have asked my dealer how much the 2nd row sun shades would be if I added them to my order and was told the dealer would do it at a cost of $400, this includes labor.

I have found the parts online for about half the cost, does anyone know how hard a job this is to do or if there are instructions online for installing the shades?

Thanks.

·
Registered
764 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nice find. Just out of curiosity, what about the little notches at the top of the window sill that the shade sits in when its up? Do all Ascents have them regardless if they have the second row shades or not?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice find. Just out of curiosity, what about the little notches at the top of the window sill that the shade sits in when its up? Do all Ascents have them regardless if they have the second row shades or not?
I was wondering the same thing, can someone with a premium take a look? Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great find, since you can't order these on the Premium. Subaru's build website allows you to add the 2nd row shades as an option, but the ordering system doesn't include it.

Where are the notches? Hmm, we need pics.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Great find, since you can't order these on the Premium. Subaru's build website allows you to add the 2nd row shades as an option, but the ordering system doesn't include it.

Where are the notches? Hmm, we need pics.
The notches would be on the top left and right of the both second row windows. They are sort of 'J' shaped, I guess.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, can someone with a premium take a look? Thanks.
If anyone is still wondering, the premium trim does have the notches at the top for the window shade. Has anyone dared to install this accessory themselves?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having mine installed today at the dealer, they quoted me $350. They also told me that they had never installed them before so I'm hoping they don't take forever or mess stuff up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts