Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an 8 passenger limited. When my 9 yo son gets in the 3rd row he has a hard time pulling the second row back into place and often needs an adult. Slides ok but moving seat back into position is tough for him. I agree with him that it is rather stiff. Is this other's experience or could ours be stiffer than intended? Also when putting 2nd row seat back in place is there a proper order so that it goes back to the same track position? We always have to readjust it as it seems to default to all the way back squishing 3rd row occupants. Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We've had the exact same experience (also with a 9yr old). it is quite stiff to push the seat back upright
and yes I was also wondering about the position retention as with someone larger in the back row you'd have no choice but to squish their legs before adjusting to give them room.

I haven't tried yet but I think with just kids getting in the back it might be easier to just slide the seat forward using the front lever instead of the tilt. whoever gets into the middle row would have to slide it back though.

Another surprise was when I told them to leave it tilted forward until next time but then I drove somewhere and found out that the seat is just free on the track and slams back and forth.. didn't get very far before I had to get out and set it!
by the same token, if you're parked on a hill it doesn't lock forward, so people getting into the back have to kindof hold it as they go by

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We came from a pathfinder but used to have outbacks until we outgrew them. The pathfinder had significantly easier 3rd row access. My son was also able to close the rear door from the third row of the pathfinder but can't reach handle in this car. My wife is very annoyed that we didn't discover all this before purchase. I think it's just more of a nuisance but she is the one usually driving it. The other issue is that when we have a car seat in the second row and all you can do is slide the seat my son can't get out from the third row as the levers on the seat only work to tilt then slide. You have to use the lever underneath the seat which obviously he can't do. So what this all means is kids always need help getting in and out which they didn't with Pathfinder. I seem to be taking the blame from my wife for not being aware of this before hand. We checked that there was enough room to get into 3rd row with a car seat but didn't really check into the other nuances of access as it just wasn't something that came up in prior cars. Oh well. I still really like this car. Drives so much better than the pathfinder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.