Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been in the 2nd row of the ascent. I'm looking at the 8 seater with a bench (60/40) 2nd row and was wondering if the floor board is completely flat of if there is hump or slope in the middle seat. I've looked at a dew youtube videos at it appears that if someone was sitting in middle seat of the secone row there feet would not be flat but as there may be a slope. Anyone seen in person?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Saw the 8 passenger at the auto show, pretty sure it was totally flat.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It's quite amazing that it's flat (appears to be). The 2018 Durango (pic attached), a very similar competitor ($8K more on average), has the tranny/driveshaft tunnel protruding (~3") into the cabin.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That is nice with the floor being flat. I actually took a car back because the "hump" in the second row was too pronounced - 2014 Mazda CX-5. It was a new vehicle and the dealer (AutoNation) offered a 5 day/250 mile return policy.

·
Registered
967 Posts
We call it stadium seating. Basically the rear rows are elevated a little so they can see out the front of the vehicle, and that also helps eliminate the 'hump'.

·
Administrator
7,788 Posts
We call it stadium seating. Basically the rear rows are elevated a little so they can see out the front of the vehicle, and that also helps eliminate the 'hump'.
Yep, and gives just enough room for the gas tank and a few other odds and ends.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Why would it? It's no different from the front seat captains chairs that use the door panel for arm rests.

·
Registered
66 Posts
From what I understand the floor from the second row to the third row is not flat. There is a slight step-up to the third row flooring.

It doesn't seem to matter; once the third and second row seats are folded down the new floor that is the seat backs is at the same level as the part all the way near the back.

Thinking about it from a car-camping experience; with the second row bucket seats there ends up being a hole between those two seats. It is not one big flat area that you could just drop a sleeping bag on. Something like a half-board would need to be put down to fill the gap between the left and right seats in row #2.

For me, that is a practical consideration. I would be car-camping in the vehicle if we weather is too nasty to pitch a tent or I arrive too late to set one up.

·
Registered
357 Posts

I had a big love hate relationship with the stadium seating in my A6, it was great until the car seat came into play, seemed like it just took a lot of room away. Although that was in a car and this will be the ascent with far more room.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts