Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 limited and went with 18” LP Aventure wheels and falken wildpeak a/t3 265/60 with no lift. I was worried there was going to be rubbing or issues because everyone seemed to be only doing with with a lift. However they fit great no rubbing at all at full turn both ways. I even tried full turn over some bumps and curbs and no rubbing still. Very happy with them.
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,265 Posts
Very nice. Looks great!

Don't forget you need to change your spare to a tire of the same diameter to avoid damage to your drivetrain should you need to use the spare...very important.

·
Registered
2022 Ascent Limited: the beginning
58 Posts
I have a 2022 limited and went with 18” LP Aventure wheels and falken wildpeak a/t3 265/60 with no lift. I was worried there was going to be rubbing or issues because everyone seemed to be only doing with with a lift. However they fit great no rubbing at all at full turn both ways. I even tried full turn over some bumps and curbs and no rubbing still. Very happy with them. View attachment 14870
View attachment 14871
View attachment 14869
I LOVE YOU.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2022 limited and went with 18” LP Aventure wheels and falken wildpeak a/t3 265/60 with no lift. I was worried there was going to be rubbing or issues because everyone seemed to be only doing with with a lift. However they fit great no rubbing at all at full turn both ways. I even tried full turn over some bumps and curbs and no rubbing still. Very happy with them. View attachment 14870
View attachment 14871
View attachment 14869
haha I hope my post helped you bc it sounds like you’re in the same boat I was in.
Yes, my wife agreed to these voxx novas but i cant get them. We found the mr502 but she hates them. These lp6 are similar and she LOVES THEM and she loves the subaru picture on the hub lol. As for the 265s thats what i run on my truck and since we park next to each other im like, will they fit lol. So yeah, you kick butt

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Good work; there’s a lot of room in the wheel wells for larger OD tires. Your overall diameter of the 265 60 18 should be 30.6”, according Tirerack. I have a 2021 mag grey Touring and went with a 19” anthracite and machined BBS wheel with 255 60 19 Wildpeaks. They are 31.1” overall diameter. Wasn’t sure they would fit without a kit … but alas they did fit. Then Jim reminded me of the need for a bigger donut spare, and I ordered one from Tirerack. That little baby was more expensive than a Wildpeak. But happy it’s done.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good work; there’s a lot of room in the wheel wells for larger OD tires. Your overall diameter of the 265 60 18 should be 30.6”, according Tirerack. I have a 2021 mag grey Touring and went with a 19” anthracite and machined BBS wheel with 255 60 19 Wildpeaks. They are 31.1” overall diameter. Wasn’t sure they would fit without a kit … but alas they did fit. Then Jim reminded me of the need for a bigger donut spare, and I ordered one from Tirerack. That little baby was more expensive than a Wildpeak. But happy it’s done.
Is tire rack a good place to order these and have them delivered? I live in the boonies

·
Registered
947 Posts
Is tire rack a good place to order these and have them delivered? I live in the boonies
^ TireRack and Discount Tire Direct are both wonderful - and as long as the UPS man shows to your location, you're golden. The numbers of their customers derived from not just this Forum community but virtually every online automotive enthusiast community (Subaru related or otherwise) is beyond count.

In just the last 6 months, I've ordered two sets of wheel/tire combos from TireRack, and both sets were mounted and balanced to-perfection, TPMS installed (I have an Autel TS508 for the relearn), and packaged ready-to-go (centering rings and hub caps installed, hardware included). This was the same as every time I've used them over the last 15+ years.

The only way it would be easier would be if they packaged a few trunk-monkeys to jack-up and install the tires for you upon-arrival. 🤣

Delivery-to (and install-at, if so desired) their brick-and-mortar locations or at that of their network affiliates is also possible.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Tirerack is an amazing company. The inside sales guys I like are Sonny and Lee. They are family owned and operated. I am pretty sure they are the largest tire seller in the US. They will mount your tires for free. They use a machine called a Road Force balancer which is significantly better than a traditional spin-balancer. The road force machines put the tires under load as if they were on the car at highway speeds. It allows your car to be vibration free even at high speeds. They are the price leader and always offer the $50 or $75 gift cards if a tire manufacturer is offering them (happens often). They also sell the full line of LP Adventure wheels, lift kits and other accessories. In our area (Chicago) they own a company called ASAP Tire which will put your tires and/or tire/wheel package on your car for $25/tire at your home or office. They have these amazing vans that are fully equipped to do all tire and wheel mounting on a mobile basis.

But if you’re in a remote area and still have UPS they will send a tire and wheel packages to your home or business ready for you to install. They will also send tires to your service station for installation on your existing wheels of the tire/wheels on your car. I have bought about a dozen sets of tires and 4 sets of wheels from Tire Rack all with good results.

Many people on this forum also speak very highly of Discount Tire. I just have no experience with them so others can comment on their performance.

Hope this helps, and good luck. Love your energy!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,265 Posts
I'll typically do Tire Rack if I'm buying rims and tires. If I'm just getting tires I have been doing discount tire.
They are now the same company according to a thread in the Discount Tire vendor section. :)

Reactions: TSiWRX and AEONFLUX

·
Registered
58 Posts
Man you guys this thread is verrrry helpful. Ive even decided to order em' and go pick them up at their south bend location, just need another week or so to scratch up the 2500. I had a feeling the two were similar after calling both places

·
Registered
58 Posts
true true.. I did that also forgot to mention.
So just letting you know, my wife and I agreed on this wheel and tire combo because of your post. I hope you dont mind twinkies but hey, its quantum physics, technically. Is there any way we could send you an amazon or coffee gift card? Feel free to pm me😎

1 - 20 of 36 Posts