Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
255/55/18 Tire with a 29" outer dimeter (K02's) on an 8.5" wide wheel with a +35 offset. Compatible?

Sorry. I know bunch have people have asked this kind of question. I just haven't seen anyone mention this size of K02.

Thanks!

Edit: BY compatible, I mean will it rub when cornering and bumps? I have done quite a lot of reading on here but most answers so far have involved a wheel that is at least 29.6" in diameter.

·
Registered
223 Posts
This is 0.6” smaller than OEM sizing. It will fit 8.5” wheel and will be compatible on the ascent with 35mm offset. Provided the wheel is properly weight rated >1750lbs. You are increasing fender clearance so it will not rub.

Not sure why you would want to go smaller? I think that will look funny Also the spare tire will be unusable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want to go smaller. I just read that others were having issues with increasing width. And so I thought as I am increasing width and adjustment the offset by 13 that I should go smaller. You are saying that isn't the case?

Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
There is a reasonable amount of room to increase width, diameter, and offset. Each one of those changes brings its own challenges. Most advice is to stay OEM unless you’re ok with changes. You note the KO2 specifically. Only reason I think you’d want that is for the LT 10 ply rating. It does not come in our OEM 29.6”. You’ll have to go 245-65-17 to get the KO2 in stock diameter.
I wouldn’t downsize the tires personally. There are still plenty of options for tires and tire sizes unless you are set on the KO2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts