Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 10 months of mostly sitting in the garage, we took the Accent for a 220 mile round trip. Wasn't trying to baby the acceleration or speed but this is Florida so no hills to impact results. The 23 mpg average included about 60 miles of very local short trips with the rest covering interstates at 70-80 mph and 2 lane state highways at 40-55 mph. Based on other reports, I was happy to see mileage this good at this stage of break-in.

Also happy to report that the hood was rock stable with 25+ mph head and cross winds. The Ascent does get tossed about in the wind though, easier to control with LKA off.
Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Tachometer Gauge

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Abyss Blue Pearl
136 Posts
Nice! Well done.

After 2,700 mines I'm getting 21-22 driving around town with some local freeway time. We have a long trip coming up and I'm curious what we'll see on that drive.

I've been pleased with the mileage so far.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
At 30K mi, I've been averaging a solid 19mpg across the 2yr+ ownership. It peaked out at 21mpg prior to covid w/ more hwy mileage.

I wish my Ascent can do the advertised 23mpg combined (or the bared minimum of 20mpg in city). Going from 19mpg to 23mpg is light years of technology transformation away.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MPG on a longer trip better than the last. A 200 miles run which included over an hour of interstate bumper to bumper gridlock crawl and about 40 miles of local and 2 lane 30 mph winding state highway yielded 24.4 mpg at 1727 miles.

This car is 500 lbs heavier and 40 hp more than the SUV it replaced and that car never broke 17 mpg.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited
24 Posts
Drove my 2021 Ascent from Phoenix to Tubac and back on Wednesday and got about 25 mpg in fairly heavy truck traffic and highway speeds of 75 (for those unfamiliar that is the actual speed limit down there). I was pleased. And the car handled beautifully around trucks, with a good crosswind, and on some pretty beat up highways.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gassed up right before getting on interstate. Cruise was set to 75 but typically 5 to 10 mph slower due to traffic. Average mpg actually reached a high of 30.5 but dropped to 29.5 seen below due to last mile of traffic before getting home. On level roads at sea level at reasonable speeds the Ascent is capable of great mileage but suffers quickly in stop and go.
Speedometer Plant Car Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
We just finished a trip from Texas to the Florida Keys and Alabama. In all it was about 3,900 miles and we got 23.8 mpg. This included highway, city, traffic, and sitting idle with two different drivers.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited
24 Posts
We just finished a trip from Texas to the Florida Keys and Alabama. In all it was about 3,900 miles and we got 23.8 mpg. This included highway, city, traffic, and sitting idle with two different drivers.
Nicely done. Sounds like a great road trip! Hope you didn’t hit any of the bad weather across the south. I’m heading to Nashville Friday morning and I’ll be just behind the storms.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Thanks we hit most of the storms for the first week The second week was clear. The storms did bring nice and cool weather. I always like traveling to Tennessee - beautiful countryside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.