Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
An anonymous donor just agreed to
match the first $50,000 in donations

Last year, you all helped me raise $3,300!!!

THIS year, IF you help me make my $3,500 goal,
it means we would in effect raise $7,000!!!!

Hey all! It's that time again! PLEASE join us on this year's 48hrs of Tri-State Subaru Enthusiast Charity Drive for Make-A-Wish - it will be our 21st charity drive!!! We will be starting at Make-A-Wish Castle in NJ, and cruising through Pennsylvania and parts of West Virginia for this wonderful cause, as we raise money (up to the event date) for Make-A-Wish!!! And a BIG thank you to each and every one of you that participated, donated or shared the donation links last year!!! 😍
JAN 13-16, 2022

You can find more information and join us here:

And, if you can't be a part of this epic adventure for this great cause, but want to help this great cause, please, feel free to donate:
DONATE HERE: Make-A-Wish Foundation

This will be another epic trip, for an amazing cause! But, thanks to the pandemic, we've had a harder time raising money. Last year, we only raised $34,000 of our $50,000 total. So, please, do what you can to help us raise money for this wonderful organization.

• 💖 Again, my heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you who were a part of last year's adventure, or donated to it, or helped spread the word!!!

• 💖 And, a very big thank you to @Liberty Subaru for being one of our biggest and best sponsors, year after year!!! They are the epitome of the Subaru Love Promise!!!

• 💖 And of course, tremendous thanks to Subaru of America, for matching the first $5,000 in donations, and treating us to our opening breakfast year after year!!!

Sky Cloud Plant Building Tree

Plant World Light Azure Lighting

Land vehicle Car Tire Vehicle Snow

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Cloud Tire Wheel Sky

(I don't have pics of last year's "faux check" because we were outside)
Rectangle Material property Font Packaging and labeling Magenta

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
THESE are the wishes you all helped fulfill last year!!! THIS is the thank you, from Make-A-Wish, to all of you who helped.

Dear Friends,
On behalf of Make-A-Wish® New Jersey and the wish children we serve, I would like to thank you and the participants of the 2021 48 Hours of Tristate fundraising event for your commitment to our mission through your continued generosity; especially as we all continue to navigate the effects of COVID-19.

While wishes involving international travel and large gatherings remain postponed until it is safe, many wishes can, and are, being granted with the guiding hand of the medical community. I am pleased to share that the 2021 funds raised, totaling $34,060, will make possible Austin, Jose, Meeghan, Gabriella, Francis, Adriana, and Faith’s wishes! It is my pleasure to tell you more about these special wish kids:
❤
Austin is an active eighteen-year-old boy who enjoys hanging out with his friends, playing Xbox, and going to the beach in the summer. Unlike many teens his age, however, Austin has been diagnosed with cancer and the news of this diagnosis turned the world upside down for this healthy teen. Facing the new normal of difficult treatment protocols and hospital stays, he has found comfort and distraction in building complex LEGO sets during this time.
When our wish granting team visited virtually with Austin and his family, they asked him that magical question, “If you could have one wish, what would it be?” Austin declared his wish to have a LEGO shopping spree! The time Austin spent building LEGO sets in the hospital reminded him of his childhood and a happier time. Through his wish, he hopes to build all of the LEGO collections that are nostalgic of his favorite memories and to start a new chapter in life, focusing on all of the good he has experienced.
❤
Jose is a spirited five-year-old boy who loves to run around with his friends and play on the jungle gym at the park. Like many kids his age, Jose loves superheroes and dinosaurs. Whether he is enacting his favorite scene from The Avengers, or stomping around like a T-Rex, Jose’s imagination brings his favorite stories to life. Unlike many kids his age, Jose has been diagnosed with cancer, and these stories of adventure and bravery provide an escape from his circumstances and inspire him as he fights his own daily battle.
When our wish granting team visited virtually with Jose and his family, they asked him that same one magical question and Jose declared his wish to go to Field Station: Dinosaurs! With excitement, he continued to express that he wanted to see how big dinosaurs would be in real life and dig for fossils!
❤
Meeghan is an eighteen-year-old girl who was born with a nervous system disorder. Her favorite things bring her joy and are welcomed distractions from her daily treatments, hospital stays, and the limits of her condition. Though Meeghan is non-verbal, her parents expressed that she is quick to smile and laugh. She enjoys playing “toss the ball” with her brother, clapping along to her favorite music, and learning her shapes and colors through therapy games. Most of all, she loves being taken on walks with her family and spending time outside.
When our wish granting team virtually visited with Meeghan and her family, they asked her that life-changing question, “If you could have one wish, what would it be?” With excitement, Meeghan’s family expressed her wish to have a wheelchair bicycle! Her family continued that a wheelchair bicycle will enable Meeghan to continue to be active as she grows, experience independence and freedom from her restrictions, and enhance her quality of life for years to come.
❤
Gabriella is a creative ten-year-old girl who enjoys riding her scooter, going bowling with her family, and taking trips to the mall with her friends. Most of all, Gabriella loves to express herself through music and art and, when she has a particularly difficult day, she enjoys listening to the Hamilton soundtrack to calm her mind and relax. You see, unlike many girls her age, Gabriella was born with a life-threatening gastrointestinal disorder that will affect her ability to receive proper nutrition for the rest of her life and endures daily challenges and treatment protocols.
When our wish granting team visited with Gabriella and her family to ask her that same life-changing question, Gabriella declared her wish to have a shopping spree at the Mall of America! She continued to express that this shopping spree will allow her to buy new wardrobe and Apple devices that will mark a new chapter in her life to help her build her self-confidence and feel special again, instead of different.
❤
Francis is an eighteen-year-old boy who loves playing basketball, hanging out with his friends, and watching action movies. Most of all, as a self-proclaimed “gamer,” Francis spends most of his free time playing video games to beat his own top scores. Recently, however, Francis has been diagnosed with cancer, and his favorite activities are all too often replaced with hospital stays and treatment protocols.
When our wish granting team visited with Francis and his family, they asked him that same magical question and Francis declared his wish to have a gaming computer! With the high-speed processor and graphics of a gaming computer system, Francis will be able to play the latest video games and stay connected with his friends online. Most importantly, Francis’s wish will provide him with a positive outlet, no matter his circumstances.
❤
Adriana is an imaginative ten-year-old girl who loves unicorns, playing with her friends, and going to the park to swing on the swings. At home, she enjoys making playdoh creations and reading fairytales of far-off places and adventure. You see, unlike many children her age, Adriana has been diagnosed with cancer and imagining herself as the heroine in her favorite stories helps her through the hospital stays and difficult treatments.
When our wish granting team visited with Adriana and her family, they asked her that magical question, “If you could have one wish, what would it be?” With excitement, Adriana declared her wish to have a shopping spree for a bicycle, board games, arts, and crafts! Her parents helped express that the additional restrictions to keep Adriana safe have been difficult for her to understand and she misses the freedom of going to the park and having play dates. Adrianna’s shopping spree wish will enable her to play outside to her heart’s content and find joy in new creative activities.
❤
Faith is an energetic eighteen-year-old girl who lives with cystic fibrosis. Despite facing the daily challenges of her condition, Faith’s resilient and spirited nature help her persevere through surgeries, new therapies, and hospital stays. Like many teens her age, she enjoys hanging out with her friends, going to the mall, and relaxing at the beach in the summer. Most of all, Faith loves to be active when she is feeling well, and she pours her energy and enthusiasm into cheerleading and gymnastics.
When our wish granting team visited virtually with Faith and her family, they asked her that same life-changing question and Faith declared her wish to go to Cape May and stay in a beach house for a whole week with her family! From the sand in her toes and swimming in the ocean, to the sound of the waves and salty air, the beach is truly her happy place where she can find respite from her circumstances, restore her spirit, and create happy memories with her family after an exceptionally challenging year.
COVID-19 has brought more fear and isolation to our already vulnerable wish children who are holding on to the hope of their wish coming true. Your generosity and support, in the midst of uncertainty and hardship, assures wish children that they are not alone and gives them strength to keep fighting. Thank you for making it possible for Austin, Jose, Meeghan, Gabriella, Francis, Adriana, and Faith’s wishes to come true and for helping us restore hope, strength, and joy to wish children and their families when it matters most.
Sincerely,
Jessica Daniels
Manager of External Events
Make-A-Wish NJ

I am so honored to be a part of this wonderful Subaru Community with all of you who've helped to achieve some good for others!!!
-Rob

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey folks, so far, there will only be two Ascents going on this trip! Please, let's make it a dozen!!! And, if you can't go, please feel free to use the link in my sig to donate directly to Make-A-Wish to benefit this great cause.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It is amazing how long it takes to get a minor hit to the rear of my Ascent repaired. It was hit the day before thanksgiving and is still in the shop. Hopefully it will be ready next week. If not, I may have to come all the way from Texas with my rent-a-Camry.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, this year is going to be special!!!

An anonymous donor has agreed to
match the first $50,000 in donations

So, if you can't be a part of this epic adventure for this great cause,
but want to help this great cause, please, feel free to donate:
DONATE HERE: Make-A-Wish Foundation

Last year, you all helped me raise $3,300!!!

THIS year, if you help me make my $3,500 goal,
it means we've in effect raised $7,000!!!!

AND, IF YOU CAN BE A PART OF IT, SIGN UP HERE:

·
Super Moderator
2,697 Posts
I'm a little disppointed with myself. I'm going up to CT that same weekend and was debating whether to drive or fly. I chose the fly option before I saw this. I would've loved to participate but I'll still click that donate button!

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm a little disppointed with myself. I'm going up to CT that same weekend and was debating whether to drive or fly. I chose the fly option before I saw this. I would've loved to participate but I'll still click that donate button!
Oooh... THAT'S the weekend you'll be up? :(

Next year, then! We do this every year. :)

And thanks!!!

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, thanks to you all, and my Subie friends in other groups, we've raised over a third of my goal!!! Only $2,200 left - but only 10 days to go (fundraising deadline of Jan 12th is approaching really soon).

If we make my $3,500 goal, it will effectively mean we raised $7,000 thanks to the matching donation!!!

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW!!! I am at $1,905, meaning that with the matching donation we're getting closer to guaranteeing, you all effectively helped me raise $3,810!!!

The whole team has raised $35,443 (there's $5,000 not posted yet that's been received), meaning we're getting closer - but we only have 6 days left (January 12th).

Thank you to everyone who's helped me get this far, and to everyone who will help push me over the finish line!!!

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At $2,125 (of $3,999) and slowly climbing.
Only FOUR days left though.

Still time to donate:

OR

Still time to join us:

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, there's not really time to sign up any more, but, there's still ONE AND A HALF DAYS before the fundraiser closes and counts final tallies (tomorrow night).

This pandemic has been hard enough on the rest of us - imagine what it's like for a kid with a critical illness. Let's help give them at least a few moments of normalcy, please.
Smile World Azure Gesture Font

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,549 Posts
Whew...almost forgot and the email was right there staring me in the face! Donation sent!

• Love
Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're awesome, Jim! Thanks!

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, in ONE day, we've went from $2,145 to $2,890!!!
BUT THERE'S ONLY FIVE HOURS LEFT
💖💖 Please help me make my $3,999 goal! 💖💖

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
WOO HOO!!!
💖 $3,390 of $3,999!!! 💖

soooo close

Closing totals have been moved to 6pm tomorrow, in time for opening dinner.​

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Seven and a half hours left, and only $535 to make my goal.
Check In and event start is 6pm EST.

Thanks to all of you hopefully we can get the rest of the way.

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
💖 $106,071!!! 💖
THANK YOU, EVERYONE!
Plant Font Motor vehicle Line Grass

1 - 19 of 19 Posts